Applications Development Manager
Lifetouch is seeking an experienced Application Development Manager, reporting to the Director of Application Engineering, to join our team of committed IT professionals. Are you passionate about problem-solving and innovation? Apply today and join the Lifetouch family!
This person will join a highly collaborative team responsible for designing, developing, modifying, adapting and implementing short- and long-term solutions to IT needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture, network systems and application infrastructure. In addition to critical thinking skills, the ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to manage professional employees and contractors and exercise full management authority.
The Application Development Manager role presents an opportunity to function independently, receiving high-level and/or strategic guidance from IT or business leadership to direct, plan, and execute projects.
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced , collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage the development and implementation of IT applications and application systems and development activities that enable the organization’s business processes
- Manage and mentor IT professionals who design, develop or support application software, including annual performance reviews, salary administration, staff development, and training plans
- Partnering with assigned project managers to provide guidance and review project requests
- Monitor project budgets and coordinate schedules/department activities and development and support resources
- Contribute to the execution of the technical roadmap of key programs and product initiatives
- Monitor and identify performance indicators that report on overall project progress and effectively mitigate risk and resolve issues
- Assess business requirements or changes, determine impact on application systems, estimate work effort required, and develop recommendations and plans
- Work closely with business partners and other technology leaders to identify and prioritize business system enhancement opportunities and change requests
- Improve the application team’s technical capabilities by establishing best practices, mentoring team members and recruiting new employees
- Manage the development and support teams to ensure the teams are using the correct tools and environments
- Ensure that software products meet and exceed internal standards and customer expectations
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum 4 years of relevant management experience with greater than 10 years of software development, application support, technology management, or similar role demonstrating increasing responsibility over time
- Thorough understanding and experience with Agile and other SDLCs - Knowledge of Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and DevOps a plus
- Demonstrated leadership in the continuous improvement of development standards, processes, best practices and security practices
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- A background successfully delivering applications using agile methods and collaborating with non-technical team members including quality assurance, business analysts, and project managers
- Knowledge of software applications design, development and testing and understanding of how they support the business
- Ability to drive for results, focus on the customer and build realistic plans.
Using a Thoughtful Approach
- Ability to think strategically, demonstrate agility, think creatively, apply financial acumen and promote teamwork.
Working with People
- Excited to build partnerships, model ethical performance, communicate with impact and influence others.
- Ability to listen, earn trust, and accept direct feedback from others while building strong, positive relationships.
- Attract, develop, manage and retain top talent through mentoring, training, feedback and coaching to a manager’s direct, indirect and cross-functional teams.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or Business Administration
To apply, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org