Lifetouch has an exciting opportunity for a Photographer Assistant to join our team.
Lifetouch National School Studios Inc., a Shutterfly Inc. company, is an industry-leader with operations in all 50 states and Canada. Employees enjoy our fast-paced, collaborative culture and the ability to directly impact our business.
Captures high quality/compelling photographs while creating a positive picture day experience for customers. May assist other photographers throughout the process.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with other Photographers and Photo Assistants to create a positive picture day experience; properly setting up equipment to optimize photo quality; and exhibiting energy and enthusiasm while using appropriate language, body language, and approach with each subject in order to achieve the desired expression.
- Consistently captures high quality photographs in accordance with Company Posing Guidelines.
- Adheres to the photography schedule by arriving on-time to set-up equipment and ensuring all subjects are photographed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Uses safe work habits including proper lifting, bending, pushing, pulling, squatting, twisting, and driving techniques.
- Maintains all necessary equipment, supplies, and film to perform the duties of the job.
- Maintains confidentiality of school/student related information.
- Exhibits energy and enthusiasm while establishing a connection with subjects. Ensures subjects have a positive picture day experience.
- Represents Lifetouch in a professional manner at all times while adhering to all Company and school rules and policies and displays confidence and professionalism even during times of stress and in difficult situations.
- Safeguards and properly handles money, job bags, film, and photography equipment.
- Enters accurate information on paperwork from camera/payment envelopes and returns all paperwork to the Area office in a timely manner in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Works to ensure the safekeeping and proper maintenance of satellite photography equipment. Reports any defects or functional issues to the Satellite Photo Manager.
- Typically works with only 1 photography program, possibly 2.
- Generally is a fall traditional photographer that will photograph head and shoulder.
SPORTS AND SPECIAL EVENT:
- Typically works with sports individuals and small groups.
- Limited to certain posing styles and equipment knowledge.
- Arrives on-site on-time to set-up photography equipment. May assist other photographers in setting up equipment.
May also be responsible for assisting other photographers including, but not limited to:
- Having all necessary equipment, supplies (combs, tissues etc.), and film on hand to support the photographers.
- Maintaining traffic flow of the students in order to stay on schedule and maximize productivity efficiently. Using professional grooming techniques of school age children as they wait in line for their photograph.
- Providing clear direction/expectations to parents, school personnel, and student helpers regarding their role in picture day. If there are no helpers, gathering classes 5 –10 minutes before their time to be photographed and keep students orderly, verifying the students name on card is accurate and filling in missing information if necessary (fall season only), acting as the liaison between the photographer and office if there are special situations arise, assisting in grooming (checking for neatness: hair, face, clothing, jewelry, ribbons, headbands etc.), and politely asking students to remove hats, jackets and backpacks.
- Assisting the photographer in capturing accurate information on paperwork from camera/payment envelopes. Ensuring photographers have paperwork so they can return all paperwork to the office in a timely manner and in accordance with Company guidelines.
MINIMUM GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with children preferred
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to travel with occasional overnight stays
- Willing to work a varied seasonal schedule, including early mornings, long days and weekends
- Accessibility to reliable insured transportation to reach assigned locations. Vehicle insurance must be current and in compliance with state law
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Please send resumes to email@example.com