Vice President, Development Operations (DevOps)
Lifesize is seeking a Vice President, Development Operations to join our growing team! As the leader of our DevOps team, you will be responsible for our Call Center as a Service (CCaaS), video conferencing and collaboration technology SaaS platform delivering innovative SaaS solutions globally with annual revenue exceeding $100M and over 7 million video conference calls and greater than 20 million voice calls hosted per month.
You will work cross-functionally to help us transform our business and operations
to be centered around our strong suite of cloud-based products. You'll help instill a
DevOps culture across the entire product and operations team leveraging your extensive experience and engineering background to drive more ownership back to the individual product teams for their components in production, and help us
design more to support an entire suite of cloud-based applications in the CCaaS and VCaaS space. You will have a unique opportunity to take our business to the next level and beyond.
The teams you will be responsible for are driving the operations, automation,
monitoring, and deployment activities of our critical Software as a Service
offerings, Lifesize Video Conferencing as a Service and Call Center as a Service, two industry-leading cloud applications for collaborating across teams and with your customers.
You will possess an executive presence and be comfortable being a member of the Executive Leadership Team. Additionally, you will work cross-functionally with our Development Executive team to instill a DevOps culture and mentality in the product teams, ultimately driving more ownership back to the product teams for their components in production.
You'll join a team of highly collaborative and passionate people on a mission
to help collaborate in the cloud, who are dedicated to building a
fantastic company and workplace, and who are relentlessly focused on our
customers and building amazing products. In this position you will report to
the Chief Information Officer.
· Define key operating metrics and ongoing processes for production support of our public cloud apps
· Maintain and improve a proactive incident management framework that includes proactive escalation and communication with stakeholders and business partners as well as efficient, repeatable and measurable effective root cause analysis and problem management process.
· Drive a culture change in partner product teams to adopt DevOps and improve
· Manage the quarterly and annual budgeting process to ensure that costs align with corporate financial goals.
· Possess strong vendor management skills including contract negotiation, vendor consolidation and cost containment.
· Establish a scalable Site Reliability Engineering function, including integrated, automated monitoring and Self-healing
· Support the move of legacy applications and systems from on-prem data centers and infrastructure to public cloud offering
· Align closely with the Customer Success organization to prioritize Top Issues, balance workload, and resolve complex problems
· Develop the skills, processes and toolset needed to operate a high-performing IT operations team that is well-suited to an agile + cloud + CI/CD ecosystem
· Establish and maintain a data-driven team culture.
· Develop baselines for governance, consumption/cost and performance to ensure that our elastic cloud-based applications operate efficiently, securely and with zero down time
· Establish project management process and tracking to ensure on-time delivery of key projects with visibility at the executive level.
· Oversee Security and compliance with appropriate security standards including PCI, SOC2, GDPR and other industry standards.
· Knowledge of Sign-in, provisioning, multi-tenant management, support tools and release automation platforms
· Mentor, evaluate and retain a team of top performers
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
· History of success in DevOps leadership roles, with demonstrated leadership in operational excellence running SaaS offerings.
· Deep experience with deploying to and running on public cloud platforms,
with particular experience in Amazon AWS.
· Demonstrated ability in running and scaling all aspects of SaaS products, including: deep knowledge of infrastructure, global scaling, high availability, security, release practices
· Deep understanding of virtualization technologies in public and private clouds
· Experience establishing and running Site Reliability Engineering teams.
· Experience establishing and running 24x7 support programs
· Strong staff management and organizational skills
· Ability to influence at the senior leadership level
· Strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful; self-starter who acts with
initiative and is pro-active
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complimentary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com.
For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.