Vice President, Engineering Meeting Solutions
We’re looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you’re a high performer who’s an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
Lifesize is looking for a Vice President, Engineering for our cloud-based Meeting Solution Platform. As the Vice President, Engineering, for Meeting Solutions Platform you will partner with Product leadership in the development of the platform strategy, owning the technical strategy for it, while also being responsible for the growth and development of its Engineering organization. As the Engineering leader, you will work to instill a customer-first culture and mentality in both the Product and Engineering organizations, working closely with Product leadership to evolve and optimize full Product Engineering processes.
- Partner Product leaders to develop the vision for Meeting Solutions Platform and evangelize this vision with our customers, partners, and employees
- Work in close partnership with technical leadership in the development of the technical strategy, while collaborating with other Engineering leadership to ensure strategy fits into overall Company technical strategy
- Support Product and Marketing in the development of the product strategy, representing the technical aspects/considerations of the strategy
- Support the development and execution of the go-to-market strategy & plan for the Platform, collaborating with Product, Sales, Marketing, Support, etc.
- Deliver amazing platform engineering outcomes through your teams in area(s) of ownership, building reliable, scalable, and highly performant services and features using industry best practices
- Hire, inspire, and lead multiple high-performing, multi-site teams
- Contribute to a great work environment by providing exemplary leadership (modeling) to your leadership team and team members
- Partner with product and cross-functional teams to ensure successful and effective execution, maximizing productivity and product quality, while minimizing attrition
- Plan and allocate resources to meet product engineering goals
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in our products, developing/enhancing standards and procedures to ensure quality standards are not only met but exceeded
- Work with fellow Engineering leadership to optimize our software delivery processes and tools, leveraging/establishing delivery and quality metrics to identify opportunities
- Ensure progress on technical debt and cross-cutting initiatives (such as localization) across iterations and releases
- Manage the operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities in area(s) of ownership
- At least 10 years of experience in software development SaaS, desktop with at least 5 years of experience in a similar leadership role in the software industry
- Demonstrable experience and interest in architecting and delivering services (SaaS); familiarity with relevant architecture/design principles and patterns a plus
- Demonstrable experience delivering cloud-native capabilities on AWS or Azure; experience with containers and container management a significant plus
- Deep understanding and commitment to software engineering principles/processes (e.g., Lean, Agile, DevOps, CI/CD ) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Proven experience and strong desire to lead; servant leader with communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills that your employees appreciate and competitor’s envy
- Highly experienced in managing human capital across geographies and functional areas to drive workforce development and achieve desired results.
- Cultivates an environment where associates respect and adhere to company values and ethics.
- Advanced relationship management and communication skills, including partnering and consulting with executive/C-level roles
- Advanced multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong skills in critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, and attention to detail
- Technical undergraduate degree required; advanced technical degree preferred
- Experience in budget and financial management as it relates to Engineering
- Video Conferencing experience
- Experience integrating acquisitions specifically Engineering resources and IP
- Experience with Analytics
- Experience with Test Automation
Lifesize delivers immersive communication experiences for the global enterprise. Our complimentary suite of award-winning cloud video conferencing and cloud contact center solutions empowers organizations to elevate workplace collaboration, boost employee productivity and improve customer experiences from anywhere and from any device. To learn more about our analyst-recognized solutions and see why tens of thousands of leading organizations like Yelp, RBC, Yale University, Pearson, Salvation Army, Shell Energy and NASA rely on Lifesize for mission-critical business communications, visit www.lifesize.com.
Lifesize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.