Tier 1 Support
At Lifesize, we understand the power of connecting people to make the workplace great. For more than a decade, Lifesize has been at the forefront of video collaboration, delivering high-quality solutions designed to bring people together. We combine a best-in-class, cloud-based video conferencing experience, with award-winning, easy-to-use devices that are designed for any conference room so you can connect to anyone, anywhere. It’s a meeting experience like no other. Our video conferencing solutions are designed for the demands of today’s modern enterprise, yet fully accessible to businesses of any size. For more information, visit www.lifesize.com or follow the company @LifesizeHD.
Lifesize is looking for Technical Support Engineer 1 with significant experience in Video Conferencing and Unified Communications technologies to expand our Global Customer Care Team. The Technical Support Engineer 1 serves as the first point of contact for customer support. The Technical Support Engineer 1 works with other Lifesizers to deliver Customer Obsession with every support interaction and provides such a high level of excellence to our customers that every customer is an “Evangelist” for Lifesize at every opportunity.
This position requires excellent customer management skills, development and technical skills, and expertise with various Video Conferencing environments or SaaS solutions is a plus. Successful candidates will have a high energy level, experience within consulting and/or product development organizations, and the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with both business and technical audiences.
- Enthusiasm for serving customers and eagerness to take ownership
- Understanding Lifesize and who to escalate to internally to get things done for your customers
- Accountable for maintaining industry leading Net Promoter Score (NPS) for your support tickets
- Creating Promoters and Advocates for Lifesize via flawless customer support interactions
- All customers should serve as references and partner with us to advocate our products and services through case studies, joint events, etc.
- Open trouble tickets and document action steps and resolutions
- Assist in the rapid assessment of both the nature and severity of customers issues and initiate calls as needed
- Assist in the collection of customer data and feedback
- Familiarity with incident and service management software packages such SalesForce.com
- Strong technical skills and solid customer support skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to properly track, document and communicate problems, resolutions, action items.
- Ability to clearly communicate with management
- Must work easily as a member of a team or independently as well as prioritize workflow based on urgency
- Ability to cover on-call responsibilities during off-hours
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Results-focused, team-oriented and a strong work ethic
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Resolve technical issues, working with other Lifesizers
- Passion for serving customers
- Positive professional attitude (but we expect you to have fun at work)
- Ability to build strong bonds and relationships with both customers and Lifesizers
- Ability to uncover problems that get in the way of providing great service and fix them
- Keen ability to manage customer expectations and difficult customer situations
- Ability to build honest and trusting relationships with customers and Lifesizers
- We will make mistakes; it’s how we respond that defines us. Honesty can happen without customers losing faith in our ability and we need someone who can communicate in a way that reassures customers solving their problem is our #1 priority
- Expert follow through – If we tell a customer we’ll do something, then we must make it happen
- Strong communication (verbal & written), presentation, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated individual with a strong desire to learn new technologies
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in hosted/cloud-based deployments & on-premise solutions preferred
- Fluent in English
- Additional languages a plus
- Great team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced office environment where multi-tasking is a must
- Ability to work full time (40+ hours/week)
- Technical experience with Cloud based technologies a plus
- Technical expertise with Video Conferencing or Unified Communications a plus
- Technical education (Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS) preferred
Lifesize, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Lifesize does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.