Front End Developer
Consulting Tokyo, Japan
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Architect front-end solution, oversee implementing features to design, and enforce best practices and conventions.
- Design and implement front-end solution architecture, mindful of reusability, maintainability, and modularity.
- Create and share reusable front-end modules both internally and in the open-source world (e.g. npm).
- Open to refinement suggestions from the open-source community.
- Oversee the implementation of front-end solution designs (for big projects).
- Design and Implement Liferay web modules, including portlets, commands, JSPs, etc.
- Implement and enforce GS (and industry) best practices and convention.
- Consult client on best fitting framework per client’s requirements.
- Provide guidance to client on UX design.
- Provide UX design at component level.
- Recommend best approach in leveraging front-end frameworks.
- Interface directly with clients to move project forward (including, but not limited to, clarifying requirements, address reported issues, provide project statuses, etc.).
- Lead client-facing demos at component level.
- Work with EMs and clients to accept work, estimate level of effort, and define deliverables.
- Author best practice guides/white papers and/or speaking roles at conferences/symposiums/BU meetings.
- Takes ownership of project.
- Deliver projects and customer value consistently
- Mentor and oversee team members.
- Design and deliver front-end solution and features consistently and successfully.
- Become subject matter expert in front-end development.
- Learn managerial skills.
- Refine interpersonal skills (in team building).
- Strong of deep technical experience on technical projects on client sites.
- Strong in Java web development.
- Proficient in Liferay web module development.
- Basic understanding of relational databases.
- Experience with full SDLC including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, and testing.
- Experience with Liferay DXP (features and applications) .
- Has experience with and understands the methodologies and best practices employed by Liferay/GS.
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- JS-based framework (angular, react, etc.)
- CSS (advanced)
- DevOps (basic)
- Unit and functional testing
- Database (foundational)
- Webserver (nginx, apache)
- Design front-end solution architecture for project
- Performance management (front-end)
- Microservices frameworks and services
- External frameworks (e.g. Spring Boot)
- System security
- Code review for correctness & best practices
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
- English: Fluent Level
- Japanese: None
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement:
Liferay Japan K.K. is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnership status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.