Manager, Field Marketing
Field Marketing Tokyo, Japan
Liferay is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Reporting to the Director of Global Field Marketing, you will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive marketing strategy and plan to generate demand and build brand awareness for Liferay, across Japan. Working closely with your local sales, channel, and customer success leaders as well as marketing peers across the globe, you will contribute to sales growth in your region while benefiting from an opportunity to advance your career in a high-growth, international, and open source company.
The successful candidate will have demonstrable experience of managing B2B demand generation programs in Japan, strong project management skills, and a natural inclination to measure ROI while managing the expectations of various stakeholders across the organization. This role has a heavy focus on digital marketing, with digital advertising and website management skills a must-have!
Key Objectives & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute 12-month marketing plans in collaboration with relevant internal stakeholders to meet pipeline and revenue targets.
- Localize global marketing campaigns to be relevant to the Japanese market and trends.
- Create and execute new campaigns where appropriate, based on insights and trends in Japan.
- Hands-on management of digital advertising campaigns with a focus on lead generation.
- Website strategy and management using Liferay’s CMS, including SEO optimization and content creation.
- Event planning and execution for internally and externally run industry events, including in-person and virtual events such as webinars.
- Plan and write email communications to customers, prospects and partners.
- Collaborate with the sales and channel team to create sales enablement materials, including presentations, case studies, and demos.
- Track, measure, analyze, and report on performance on a regular basis to determine areas of improvement and assess against goals (website traffic, lead generation, marketing sourced pipeline).
- Manage local budget with accountability for maximizing the return on marketing investment.
- Contribute to channel revenue by planning and executing integrated marketing campaigns with assigned partners to generate leads and opportunities for Liferay solutions.
- Scale and amplify the Liferay brand through our partner network.
- Collaborate with other Liferay marketing teams across the globe to exchange ideas and best practices
- Coach, mentor, and oversee the responsibilities of a field marketing specialist
- 5-7 years experience building effective marketing programs for high tech companies in Japan
- Degree in Marketing or Business, or comparable education/experience
- Native-level Japanese language
- Comfortable working in English, spoken and written
- Strong project and campaign management skills
- Ability to craft great collateral and write compelling marketing copy for campaigns
- Excellent communications and sales interaction skills are a must
- Experience managing third-party agencies and suppliers
- Knowledge of Google Analytics, digital advertising (Google, Yahoo, LinkedIn), Salesforce CRM, HTML & CSS, Marketo (a plus)
- Ability to work independently across marketing initiatives but also collaboratively with multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects with tight deadlines
- Self-starter, quick learner, self-motivated, proactive beyond your duty
- Strives to be objective and reflects on their own biases when making decisions
- Holds themselves accountable for decisions and outcomes within their team(s)/department.
- Identifies when the impact of their decisions could or will impact others and appropriately pulls in the right stakeholders for either transparency or help in the decision making process
- Fosters a team culture of cooperation and collaboration. Creates a feeling of succeeding and failing together.
- Actively solicits feedback from their team on what is and isn’t working across the team and with their own management
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.