Sales Cairo, Egypt
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source software company. Liferay offers many opportunities for individuals looking for a dynamic environment and accelerated career growth. Talented individuals will find it possible to increase their responsibilities and gain valuable business experience in a short amount of time within the company. With over 990 employees in offices across Europe, the Americas, and Asia Pacific, Liferay offers a chance to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds.
Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform which companies like HP, Barclays and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others.
Liferay is looking for a Sales Engineer to serve the company's growing number of customers. You should be very comfortable working with business stakeholders and have experience translating business requirements into ones and zeros.
As a Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant at Liferay, you will support all sales efforts as the customer’s primary point of contact for all technical questions and inquiries. Working closely with Account Executives, Account Managers and other members of the Liferay team, you will act as a trusted advisor for the customer on the Liferay solution, competitors, and alternative solutions.
- Serve as Sales Engineer resource inside the Sales Engineering team
- Create and conduct demonstrations to both a business audience and technical audience.
- Provide any assistance to help potential clients overcome technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles.
- Serve as a technical resource for the sales reps and alliances team during sales calls and demos (online or on-site)
- Give technical and development advice to the sales team and to potential clients including product configuration and general guidance.
- Serve as a Liferay product expert, providing system engineering and system architecture best practices and techniques, both internally and outbound.
- Complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients, with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions, under tight deadlines on a regular basis
- Create, engineer, and maintain solution - based demo environments and bundles using existing collateral and new materials that you create
- Create specialized technical/development projects that improve sales collateral, sales team processes, or the Liferay community at large
- Assist with technical white-papers
- Participate in official Liferay social media (blog, wiki, message boards, Twitter, Facebook) to disseminate information, product knowledge, and expertise.
- Participate in road shows, conferences, and different forms of Liferay evangelism
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Engineering Degree from a four-year university program or equivalent with deep technical background.
- 3-5 years Proven experience in technical pre - sales in the internet web site development, DXP, portal, web content management, social collaboration or related industries.
- Experience with business requirements gathering, technical specifications, architecture diagrams, development, testing, and deployment.
- Demonstrated exceptional engineering, consulting, or software sales skills from previous employment
- Fluent Arabic and excellent English (reading, writing and speaking).
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time to customer sites, including international travel.
- Experience working in technical projects with Java EE is a plus.
- Good team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Learning capacity
- Collaboration in a company that has been self-financed and successful since its foundation
- An employer on a growth course with a high ethical and social value orientation
- A dynamic, multicultural and friendly corporate culture
- An open culture of communication that strengthens mutual learning
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making paths
- A fair and attractive salary package
- Flexible working hours
- Individual training and development opportunities