Junior Technical Support Engineer
Support (Customer & Technical) Madrid, Spain
If you want to know more about the team, watch us:
if you want to know more about the job,
Are you passionate about developing great software? Do you want to feel proud helping create a product that many people use? Do you want to become a good developer? Would you enjoy working in a multidisciplinary and diverse team? Are you considering working in open source for a living?
If so, this might be your dream job, we are looking for someone with passion for software development and web technologies with high learning capabilities to develop her/his professional career with us and grow as an awesome technical high level engineer.
We, in Support, make the Internet work, helping people and organizations to interact with citizens, connect with passionate gamers, buy tickets for a show or enroll in a new course.
Working remotely is a real possibility in Liferay.
- You will learn to solve the cases, in the way that each case requires (writing new code, suggesting configurations, creating scripts or providing creative approaches). It requires development skills, technical knowledge and imagination.
- You will investigate real world use cases, considering the different elements involved (SO, JVM, network, AS, BD, code, etc.) looking for the root cause, in collaboration with the rest of the support team. It requires deep technical knowledge (we will help you to develop it over time), logical thinking and, yes, imagination.
- You will talk to technical clients (don’t be scared, they are also good people), to understand their needs and the technical problems they face, responding to a wide variety (nothing to be pigeonholed) of issues raised by customers, replicating environments and configuring the necessary tools. It requires the ability to understand other people and communicate with them on the technical level, ability to solve problems and be effective in time management. Can you imagine a better way to communicate? Then, put it in place.
Depending on your interests and your abilities, and prior agreement, you could also participate in:
- The creation and improvement of tools, used by clients and by your support partners.
- The improvement of the product, suggesting functionalities and characteristics based on the use that customers give to the product.
- The training of developers and support engineers.
- Events and conferences.
A university degree (4 years), preferably in Computing or Telecommunications (but I also say that we have a doctor in physics).
- Some experience developing in the Java world.
- Proactivity, and a lot of interest in the challenges and their solutions.
- A lot of motivation for continuous self-learning, although Liferay will be in charge of facilitating what is necessary.
- Team player, and capable of working autonomously. You’ll be part of the Liferay family and this is important for us.
We will positively consider any basic knowledge or experience in any of these areas. You will learn about them (they are not necessary to start but it would be great if you already had some of them):
- Front-end development.
- Mobile development
- Portals and other web technologies.
- Participation in other open source projects
- Comfortable working in English and Spanish, both written and spoken. Some of your teammates will be in the Americas, Asia or Europe.