Senior Test Engineer
Quality Assurance Madrid, Spain
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Our Liferay Engineering team is looking for a Senior QA Engineer with a solid knowledge of software testing, with the ability to create high quality automated test software using open source solutions. The candidate has to be able to work with team members to identify test priorities, plan and execute test automation strategies for their teams, and ensure that the overall quality of the application is consistently improving.
- Do you have experience in testing web applications and/or mobile apps?
- Are you skilled in automated testing?
- Do you want to work on exciting projects using open source tools and technology?
If yes, this might be your dream job, so read on!
You will work in long-term software product development. You will build strong foundations, delivering the best possible solution so far and iterating through those solutions to further improve them.
- Perform functional manual and automated testing of Liferay DXP and other Liferay products
- Able to drive testing approach and execution for projects by collaborating with the Test Engineers, Project Managers, Developer Leads, and other product stakeholders.
- Collaborate with team members to enable continuous testing and delivery.
- Develop, maintain, improve and communicate the testing strategy and status with the teams.
- Analyze existing product design and source code to identify needed testing and testability improvements.
- Coach Developers and Test Engineers on improving testability, test practice, and strategies.
- Report risk proactively and effectively to stakeholders as needed.
- Able to iterate and innovate upon existing testing tools and strategies.
- Contributions generally impact important components of the work of the team
- Improves working methods of the team
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or an equivalent level of knowledge.
- Experience working with frameworks (Angular, react, ember..) to define the correct integrations and suggest improvements.
- Advanced English.
- Advanced Spanish is a great plus.
- Test Strategy and Test Planning
- Drive test plans and test strategy for new features based on established risk profiles and use cases.
- Develop relevant metrics and report.
- Write, maintain, and improve automated tests.
- Demonstrate advanced-level ability to set up environments.
- Demonstrate an intermediate-level understanding of testing tools, testing strategies, and testing technologies.
- Updated knowledge about the latest trends and frameworks in web development: React, ES2015 (or versions above), Web Components, Progressive Web Applications.
- Knowledge about the frontend ecosystem and tools: Babel, npm, Webpack, Rollup, PostCSS ...
- Experience about HTML and CSS
- Experience setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins or other build management tools
What we offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Social benefits (Health Insurance, fitness allowances, etc.)
- Flexible work schedule
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.