Associate Product Designer
Design Mexico City, Mexico
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Things you’ll need for success:
- Communication skills
Arguably one of the most important skills a designer can have — excellent communication skills now more than ever, are a must. We are an international company, so being comfortable communicating in English is required.
- Eagerness to work with others
The AC team is highly collaborative — the ability to empathize, connect, and succeed with people who are different than you are is critical.
- Proficiency in modern design tools
We use Figma — you don’t need to have experience with it, but you’ll need to learn it quickly so a track record of tool competency is helpful.
You'll be mentored by a senior designer, so prior experience isn’t necessary, but some other things that would help you stand out:
- Analytics background
- SaaS experience
We are currently fully remote, but are planning to return to the office when it’s safe per local guidelines. There is currently no timetable for this.
What will your first 6 months look like?
First Week - Welcome
- Meet the team
- How to use and contribute to our design system
- Learn how tickets are filed
- Learn how new features are kicked off and the design review process
First Month - Learn
- Learn about Analytics Cloud
- Create prototypes of existing features for training videos
- Contribute to the documentation of the product and build relationships with adjacent team members
- Participate in grooming and sprint planning meetings
- Contribute to our design system
First Quarter - Deliver!
- Familiarize yourself by designing and delivering product improvement tickets
- Update the Analytics Cloud satellites in Lexicon
- Write about your first 90 days working as a product designer
At 6 months - Take ownership
- Work independently on product improvement initiatives from customer feedback to polished designs
- Work with UX Researchers to conduct usability tests
- Create customer journey maps to identify product gaps: First time experience, moderate use, power user
- Work with product managers to identify and define high impact features/improvements
What do you need to apply?
- A link to your portfolio.
- A note about how you have used data to inform a recent decision.
What does the application process look like?
- You send a great portfolio and note, along with your application.
- Our recruiting manager reviews it, and passes it along to our design hiring managers.
- The hiring managers will review your portfolio and application and our recruiter will schedule a short phone call with you to confirm details about your application.
- The recruiting manager will then schedule an interview with your future manager.
- Congratulations! You’ve made it to the final round — you’ll have a group call with some of the other designers.
- We’ll be evaluating all the candidates at the end of January and will be letting you know by the first week of February.
- English: Conversational
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience;
- Macbook Pro for personal and professional use;
- Attractive benefits;
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally and professionally;
- Flexible schedule;
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Be part of a great team and work with designers around the world
- Work in a company that has strong executive support for Design
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values: https://www.liferay.com/company/our-story
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement