Senior Project Manager
Consulting Bangalore, India
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You are a stellar project manager that values people over process. You strive to find ways to improve complex systems across the organization. You understand that success of a team is dependent on its members, and you enjoy cultivating this culture. You know how to manage expectations of stakeholders while pushing the team forward to succeed in projects and initiatives. You are a highly organized and detail-oriented problem solver, team player, and communicator.
If you identify with the profile, and think you have a good fit with that position, apply and come and talk to us!
- Successful delivery of projects based on scope, schedule, and budget
- Work with project teams to handle project escalation issues, facilitate discussion, and conflict resolution
- Help high-performance teams and individuals to track through progress and clear any project roadblocks following Liferay’s Services methodology for delivery
- Able to organize and lead client discoveries in collaboration with internal and external client relationship managers & key stakeholders
- Define, gather and analyze client requirements
- Release planning and coordination within project teams
- Proactively communicate a clear picture to team members of what project success looks like, and work with client leadership to build a comprehensive plan to get there
- Ability to be flexible on changing project priorities and help the team identify crucial milestones for delivery
- Effectively manage project risks and issues, tracking status and resolutions to help the project stay on course to achieve targeted outcomes
- Managing scope and change control through project phases, stages and milestones
- Participates in strategy and requirements gathering for project estimation
- Prepare for and actively communicate project progress and potential issues in client meetings
- Able to multi-task and parallelize priorities on a combination of internal and client projects
- Expected (at times) to cover the responsibilities of a Lead Project Manager, a Mid-level Project Manager, or an Associate Project Manager.
- Certified Scrum Master with experience in handling agile projects.
- Good Knowledge of Scrum principles.
- Experience in various project management tools - MS Office Suite and Atlassian project management tools
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Knowledge of Software development concepts
- Intermediate Agile Project Management Experience with the ability to work on cross functional, distributed teams
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Advanced communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and experience in leading distributed cross functional teams; applying project management techniques in situations that involve a blend of resources from strategy through user experience design through development and deployment
- Ability to travel 25% of the time to customer sites.
- Previous consulting experience with clients in different industries strongly desired
- Experience in various project management tools - MS Office Suite and Atlassian project management tools.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of Software development concepts
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written)
- Conduct client discoveries (requirements gathering workshops)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong mentoring and coaching skills
- Scrum Certification
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.