Sales Helsinki, Finland
Liferay Finland is looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer to serve the company's growing number of customers. You should be very comfortable working with business stakeholders and have experience translating business requirements into ones and zeros.
- Serve as pre-sales/technical resource for the Sales Engineer team.
- Create and conduct demonstrations to both a business audience and technical audience.
- Provide any assistance to help potential clients overcome technical questions, barriers, and architectural hurdles.
- Serve as technical resource of the sales reps and alliances team during sales calls and demos (online or on-site)
- Give technical and development advice to the sales team and to potential clients including product configuration and general guidance.
- Serve as a Liferay product expert, providing system engineering and system architecture best practices and techniques, both internally and outbound.
- Complete RFP/RFI documents submitted by potential clients, with particular attention to technical and advanced product questions, under tight deadlines on a regular basis
- Create, engineer, and maintain solution - based demo environments and bundles using existing collateral and new materials that you create
- Create specialized technical/development projects that improve sales collateral, sales team processes, or the Liferay community at large
- Assist with technical white-papers
- Participate in official Liferay social media (blog, wiki, message boards, Twitter, Facebook) to disseminate information, product knowledge, and expertise.
- Participate in road shows, conferences, and different forms of Liferay evangelism.
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Engineering Degree from a four-year university program or equivalent with deep technical background.
- 2-4 years Proven experience in technical pre - sales in the internet web site development, portal, web content management, social collaboration or related industries.
- Experience with the full project lifecycle, including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, testing, and deployment. Demonstrated exceptional engineering, consulting, or software sales skills from previous employment
- Fluent Finnish and English speaker, having Swedish also a bonus.
- Ability to travel throughout Nordics up to 30% of the time to customer sites, including international travel.
- Experience with portal and portlet development a plus.
- Experience working in technical projects with Java EE is a plus.
- Good team player
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Learning capacity
- Love of open source projects.
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, Africa, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges.
Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world.
Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!