Senior DevOps Engineer
Backend Development Budapest, Hungary
About Liferay Cloud
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,100 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five extra days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates a portion of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You enjoy solving problems and thrive in a customer-centric environment, you don’t just focus on operations but also love running systems and software in the real world. The ideal candidate will have progressively stronger experience in distributed systems, Linux/Unix design, networking, and systems and reliability engineering. You are excited about containers, and container orchestration with Kubernetes. One of your passions will become building DevOps tools that make it easier for people to build, deploy and scale apps on our Cloud platform. As a developer in this role you should love being able to build, ship, and run applications with ease.
This is an opportunity to join the team at a relatively early stage and help us engineer a scalable, hybrid-cloud platform based on Kubernetes to support Liferay customer systems worldwide while gaining top-notch experience in cloud computing. Our charter is to define the next generation of cloud-native infrastructure to serve as the pipeline for teams building Liferay applications to digitally transform businesses worldwide. Container technologies and platforms such as Docker and Kubernetes are literally exploding in popularity. Our team is right at the forefront of this technological shift, defining and implementing the next generation hybrid platform for containers and we want you to us in this exciting challenge. Apply today to be part of an exceptional team building the next-generation Platform as a Service (PaaS) to run Liferay's portfolio of products.
- Manage release process and pipelines.
- Monitor system performance, security, and functionality.
- Manage support tickets and patches for systems.
- Create and maintain architectural, security and other documentation as needed for each system supported.
- Provide technical support to include troubleshooting user operating problems, application problems, system configuration issues and malfunctions, and network operating problems in a cloud environment.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Experience running and operating Kubernetes on a public cloud.
- Experience with Docker and Terraform
- 3+ year experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment.
- Experience scripting in some of the common languages used by system engineers (shell, golang).
- Experience operating large-scale distributed systems preferably using GCP.
- Knowledge of Networking, VPN, identifying and solving network issues.
- Strong communication and team player skills
- Comfortable with Agile practices for delivering iterative solutions to the business.
- Experience with at least one of the following managed Kubernetes services:
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Experience in automating development processes and environments.
- Experience implementing full CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipelines.
- Experience with LetsEncrypt integrated with Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux, MySQL, NGINX, Tomcat, Git, Jenkins.
- Any of the following certifications:
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Google Cloud Certified Professional DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer
WHAT WE OFFER
Employee development is part of our DNA. We are continuously learning and constantly evolving new ways to enable skill development and growth across all roles.
We provide private health care to all our employees
- Our colleagues enjoy a broad range of post work social activities.
- We ensure to mark all events and enjoy office party celebrations.
- Our working environment is very enjoyable, spacious and bright with excellent faculties.
- We have large cooking and entertaining areas, gaming rooms, team building environments and a healthy balance of competition/social networking.
- We have a well-established football league, new players always welcome.
- We are known for our fabulous team cultural meals on-site. Why not bring your culinary skills to the office.
- Our office is 10 minutes walk from the Metro Station. We also have extensive Bicycle parking and Car Parking availability.
- We support and contribute to our communities through our Employee Volunteering Programme.
- You are at the right place - Liferay Hungary has won the "Best Employer" prize in 2020 by Kincentric! Check it out here.
If you are looking to grow your skills and career – in a very unique environment and culture you will find your next opportunity right here.
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.