Consulting Montreal, Quebec Toronto, Ontario
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Global Services team is looking for a Lead Consultant who enjoy working in small teams on client sites to deliver challenging, multi-faceted projects. We’re looking for the kind of person who can not only create beautiful and scalable code, but also navigate a team through the ever-changing waters of consulting projects. If that sounds like you, apply today!
About You and this Role
- Architect and lead projects to their successful deliveries.
- Ensure solution architecture works, can scale, and performs.
- Drive projects day-to-day from a technical standpoint.
- Oversee & approve the design of component solution architecture.
- Manage client relationships from a technical standpoint.
- Estimate level of effort for custom development.
- Provide technical feedback to core product.
- Provide feedback to improve processes.
- Consult clients on best practices regarding web application development and web system architecture.
- Identify project gaps and able step into them to drive team success.
- Lead client-facing demos for projects.
- Oversee the configuration and management of Liferay DXP, app servers, web servers, and JVMs, to best meet the needs of clients.
- Recommend the best solution to client using Liferay DXP.
- Author best practice guides and white papers.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration, implementation, and deployment of Liferay’s Java-based technologies.
- Work with Engagement Managers, Practice Leads, and clients to accept work, estimate level of effort, and define deliverables.
- Deliver projects and customer value consistently.
- Design and deliver solution and system architecture for projects consistently and successfully.
- Lead strategy & roadmap sessions with clients.
- Excellent programming and analytical skills.
- Solid foundation in Java and JEE.
- 4-6 years of experience in Java and JEE.
- 4-6 years of experience with web based technologies.
- 4-6 years of experience with relational databases.
- Experience with Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate.
- Expertise in tuning JVMs and application servers.
- Experience with full SDLC including business requirements gathering, technical specifications, development, testing, and deployment.
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences.
- Conversational French is minimum
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.