Consulting Tokyo, Japan
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,300+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Do you enjoy learning about how to guide teams to become the best possible? Do you have experience adapting agile or lean ideas to what a team needs at a specific moment in time? Is communication one of your strengths and you enjoy working in international projects? Do you like digging deep on issues the team might be facing regarding its delivery to find their root causes? Are you motivated and excited to work in a diverse and distributed team?
Liferay Japan is looking for a Software Development Project Manager to join our Tokyo office. The incumbent will be working closely with our Japan sales team and implementation teams to deliver full life-cycle solutions.
As a Project Manager you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of support projects. You need to ensure that the project will be delivered in time therefore you need to:
- Successful delivery of projects based on scope, schedule, and budget
- Work with project team to handle project escalation issues, facilitate discussion, and conflict resolution
- Help high-performance teams and individuals to track through progress and clear any project roadblocks
- Following Liferay’s Services methodology for delivery
- Defining, gathering and analyzing client requirements
- Release planning and coordination within project teams
- Proactively communicate a clear picture to team members of what project success looks like, and working with client leadership to build the comprehensive plan to get there
- Effectively manage project risks and issues, tracking status and resolutions to help the project stay on course to achieve targeted outcomes
- Managing scope and change control through project phases, stages and milestones
- Participates in strategy and requirements gathering for project estimation
- Prepare for and actively communicate in client meetings the project progress and potential issues
- +2 years of Agile/Waterfall Customer Billable Project Manager experience.
- Knowledgeable in technology, including evaluation and configuration of project management and collaboration tools.
- Native verbal and written communication skills in Japanese
- Conversational to business verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate complex business solution concepts clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Knowledge and experience in leading distributed cross functional teams; applying project management techniques in situations that involve a blend of resources from strategy through user experience design through development and deployment
- Proactivity, joy for learning and facing new challenges and enjoy working in an international environment
- Outstanding time and task management skills.
- Good analytical and strategic skills and pay attention to details
- Passion about personal development, continuous improvement and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of content management systems and other portal platforms.
- Knowledge of project management tools: JIRA, MS Project Plan.
- Knowledge of software development methodologies (Software Development Lifecycle).
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent level of demonstrated knowledge.
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay Japan K.K. is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnership status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.