Sales Tokyo, Japan
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open-source software company with 1000+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. We’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others.
The ideal candidate has experience selling direct to customers and through implementation partners, and knows how to run daily go-to-market operations while evolving go-to-market strategy in response to market conditions while building a strong opportunity pipeline and sales organization for successful sales closures and growth.
Leadership and Values:
- Exemplify Liferay’s global values and culture through your actions, words, and character;
- Initiate and participate in cross-departmental business and social gatherings;
- Help create an environment of collaboration, service and teamwork across the different teams;
- Have a good sense of humor and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Collaborate with the leadership team to define our overall sales strategy to develop products and solutions responsive to the customer’s business
- Develop and implement go-to-market and sales operations best practices and processes that will enable rapid scaling and ensure sales discipline
- Provide feedback to evolve the strategy in response to market conditions.
- Create an annual business plan for the market that incorporates both direct and channel focus across all relevant business functions. Execute against that plan with weekly and quarterly check-ins to measure progress and make adjustments.
- Execute against the Go-To-Market plan with weekly and quarterly check-ins to measure progress and make adjustments.
- Identify, qualify and close new customer sales opportunities to generate sales revenues that meet or exceed assigned goals
- Conducts introductory and high-level presentations including the demonstration of Liferay solutions
- Forecasts business and sales pipeline as required, updating management on the status of all prospects, in-process sales cycles and potential revenue
- Delivers timely technical and administrative product and solution information to create long-term, ongoing business relationships to set the stage for future opportunities
- Managing and maintaining sales related records within sales systems accurately and in a timely manner
- Build a network of contacts in Liferay’s key market verticals and solutions in order to recruit partners and produce opportunities
- Execution of per partner business plan through joint pipeline building
- Supporting partners in closing deals
- Operational management of partners; meeting coordination, training needs, lead generation
- Management of channel conflict
- Operational oversight of partner compliance with partner program
- Maintain closeness with customers and the market through frequent interactions as well as serving as the primary executive contact for high-value deals, escalations, and prospect/customer issues
- Stay in the loop during implementation to build a successful track record with the customer base
- Understand customer’s challenges and objectives to help them achieve them.
- Work with Project Manager(s) during implementation to ensure communication is handled
- Conducts continuous prospecting activities and creates sales pipeline succificent to support the achievement of sales revenue goals alongside BDR and Marketing Teams
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree preferred
- 4-6 years of relevant enterprise-class sales experience in technology and software preferred
- Native Level Japanese Proficiency & Business Level English Proficiency
- Proven track record of consistently meeting and/or exceeding sales performance metrics: i.e., quotas, pipeline, forecast accuracy, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency in managing complex sales cycles typically defined as six months or longer with multiple stakeholders, decision-makers and influencers at multiple levels
- Demonstrate effective speaking and written communication skills especially in the ability to present concepts and articulate business value
- Display a sense of creativity and innovation, with integrity and respect for others
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.