Senior Financial Accountant
Finance Madrid, Spain
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. In addition to the Finance Manager, the Senior Financial Accountant will work closely with the other members of the Financial & Administration department as well as internal and external accountants in the international offices to ensure that work is completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities, financial reporting, year-end closing, audit and the support of budget and forecast activities.
- Ensure the accuracy of the accounting books and financial statements.
- Support with the preparation of a monthly and quarterly financial statement package.
- Helping with the financial analysis and planning activities.
- Ensure the monthly, quarterly and yearly balance sheet reconciliation activities (Bank, AR, AP) are performed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly and quarterly consolidated financial statements.
- Knowledge of intercompany transactions and transfer pricing.
- Knowledge of Accounting/IFRS and Spanish Tax Laws.
- Support in the preparation of budgets including scenario modeling and providing data.
- Support with the preparation of VAT returns and with tax compliance requirements.
- Helping with the preparation of the Income Corporate Tax return.
- Assist with the annual audit process and preparation of the Annual Statutory Accounts.
- Advocate for and adopt an agile way of working, be adaptable to change, and support cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of the Payroll process and working rights in Spain.
- Collaborate with the other finance department personnel to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Be responsible for leading the Finance and Facilities team in a short period of time.
BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, accounting qualification preferred.
- Five years’ experience in financial reporting or in a similar position.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast -pace setting. Experience using an ERP is preferred. Must have strong experience with Microsoft Dynamics Nav and Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in both Spanish and English is mandatory.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
What Can We Offer You?
A place to make a lasting impact — we strongly believe in using business as a tool for restoration.
- Salary package commensurate with qualifications and experience
- 40 hours per year to volunteer at a nonprofit of your choice.
- Room to assume responsibility and grow professionally.
- Be part of a great team and work with coworkers around the world.
- Work in a company that has strong values and culture.
- Perks: insurance, gym, meal vouchers, kindergarten, public transport aid, parking, digital voucher...
Apply and let's talk!