Accounts Madrid, Spain
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
About this Role
Account Managers serve as trusted advisors to Liferay’s largest enterprise customers (Tier 1-2), developing and maintaining strategic relationships to deeply understand and address their business challenges. Working collaboratively with internal teams to create and execute on strategic account plans, the Account Manager is responsible for achieving specified renewal rates, expansion and new business revenue targets within existing client accounts. The Account Manager will require broad knowledge of Liferay’s products and services and the ability to align them with our customer’s requirements and business objectives.
- Serve as the customer's advocate within the Liferay organization, representing the customer's needs with respect to Liferay’s products and services and coordinating responses from various divisions of the Liferay organization.
- Establish, build and maintain executive relationships to form strategic partnerships with existing customers.
- Work closely with customers to understand their business and industry challenges. Identify and develop new business opportunities within customer’s organization aligning current and future requirements with Liferay’s product offerings.
- Ensuring through an excellent customer service experience that customers renew their subscriptions.
- Develop annual and quarterly account plans in support of growth objectives with existing customers.
- Serve as coach, trainer and mentor for new members of the Account Management team in Spain and EMEA.
- Collaborate to extend the Account Management Framework and methodologies to EMEA, providing consistency in each territory.
- Leads all aspects of the sales process, while calling upon other company resources to assist in solution development, proposal delivery, and implementation, as needed or as directed by management.
- Assist in communicating new feature requests or product improvements from customers to the Liferay Product Management team.
- Expand Liferay’s strategic relevance at assigned customers.
- Track customer opportunities and maintain accurate records and forecasts in Salesforce.
- Achieve assigned sales targets and quotas.
- >3 years of sales experience in the enterprise software industry with a history of overachieving targets.
- Proven selling success in a technical, multi-product environment.
- Consultative and solution selling expertise.
- Experience in working with channel partners.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. Able to articulate complex technology concepts to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Proven negotiation skills
- Ability to understand and address business requirements, concerns and objections communicated by customers.
- Understanding of industry trends present among healthcare, financial services and insurance verticals. (Over) achieving targets (4-6M€).
- Knowledge of Liferay Product and other portal/DXP platforms is desirable.
- Experience in Portal / Web / Collaboration is desirable
- Diligent in working with CRM and creating KPI and reports.
- Team player
- Capacity to lead by influence
- Knowledge regarding Salesforce is a plus
- Fluent in English
- Flexibility to travel
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.