Associate Test Engineer
Quality Assurance Vimercate, Italy
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
The Associate Test Engineer role assists their Development Team to deliver products with outstanding quality. You will support your team’s development and testing processes by developing knowledge of the Liferay product line and use cases, writing and executing resilient and effective test cases and plans, performing effective root cause analysis, and participating in team planning and grooming sessions.
The ideal candidate for the Associate Test Engineer role has some experience testing web applications, is resourceful, independent, flexible, has high intellectual curiosity, and has a spirit that is humble and eager to learn. Candidates for this role should be willing to ask questions and capable of quickly learning basic testing tools, workflows, and following directions.
- Communicate effectively with the Test and Developer Leads to understand priorities and goals
- Write Test Plans for new features based on established risk profiles and use cases
- Develop and update automated or manual test cases as needed
- Execute test cases as needed
- Contribute to overall Test Strategy for the development team as defined by the Test Lead
- Work directly with developers throughout the development process, providing support for development efforts from pull request to final merge
- Write clear, concise, and thoroughly investigated defect reports
- Perform root cause analysis research and effectively present findings to the cross functional team
- Work with or implement basic Continuous Integration tooling and processes
- Minimum 2 years experience testing and writing automated tests for web applications
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills to break down complex problems
- A willingness to continuously learn and get better
- Strong self-management and organizational skills
- Experience working as a Test Engineer on a cross-functional team
- Experience developing automated tests (e.g. Webdriver, Cucumber, etc.) following maintainable design patterns (e.g. Page Object, etc.) using common scripting languages (e.g. Java, Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Experience working with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.) as part of an Agile Testing methodology
- Experience using Issue Management systems (e.g. JIRA, etc.)
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.