Frontend Engineering Vimercate, Italy
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Are you passionate about developing great software? Do you feel proud when you help create a product
that many people use? Do you consider yourself to be a good developer? Do you enjoy working in a
multidisciplinary and diverse team? You always wanted to work in open source for a living? If so, this might be your dream job. We are looking for someone with passion for software development and web technologies.
- Work in a long-term software product. Building strong foundations, without being constrained by frequent deadlines, delivering the best possible solution and iterating them.
- Work in an open source distributed company with strong ethical values, sharp vision, in an international environment.
- Design and implement new features and frameworks for Liferay products. Your software will be used by thousands of developers and end users around the world.
- Write high quality and maintainable code. Keeping technical debt under control.
- Participate in peer review processes, growing along with your teammates. Suggest improvements and be humble enough to accept suggestions. Everyone learns from everyone, no matter how brilliant you are.
- Work closely with UX Designers and Product Managers to implement the shared vision.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in working with React
- Great experience with HTML5, CSS
- Passionate in front end technologies. Up-to-date knowledge of new trends and frameworks (Angular, ES2016, Web Components, Progressive Web Apps...)
- Experience with frontend ecosystem and tools (Babel, Browserify, Webpack, Rollup, npm, jspm, PostCSS, Grunt, Gulp...)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in Italian and english
- Experience in a fast paced technical environment
- Experience in working in an agile team
- Experience developing and deploying end-to-end solutions encompassing the full web stack
- General Knowledge of performance, accessibility and web security
What We Offer
- Possibility to work remotely
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience (ticket restaurants, paid leave for your birthday,english lessons)
- Permanent employment
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
*Please send your resume written in English
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.