Frontend Engineering Madrid, Spain
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
After the initial onboarding process, you will work to help, support and guide Liferay teams all over the world succeed and deliver robust, safe, performant and dynamic web experiences on time and with high quality, with tasks such as:
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of common, high-level UI components, based on our Clay component library that is used by all Product Teams in the development of user-facing applications
- Work on our low-code tooling and client extensions subsystems to improve DXP frontend extensibility capabilities
- Improve DXP platform editing experience by evolving our CKEditor and CodeMirror editor offering
- Navigate the depths of the Java and JSP world for our more low-level server infrastructure
- Review code from team members and other colleagues alike and help them deliver with quality
- Implement new features that may involve writing new components as well as leveraging and extending existing components
- Liferay’s servant leadership mentality resonates with you as you enjoy sharing ideas and tools, and helping other team members solve difficult technical challenges with frontend technologies and their development environment.
- Work in a cross-functional team and collaborate with other departments (Design, UX, QA, Documentation)
- Focus on highest priority tasks, within scope.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
- 2+ years experience developing frontend technologies: React/Node.js.
- Knowledge of Web fundamentals
- Experience developing frontend components and solutions
- Basic understanding of browser constraints and performance implications.
- Broad understanding of Computer Science concepts: algorithms, data structures, performance
- Good team player
- Self motivated, can take initiative and be proactive to work on things before someone else asks for it
- Accept constructive criticism well
- Attention to detail
- Strong knowledge and experience developing with React
- Proficiency using the command line
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Health Care Plan (Adeslas)
- Food Card (129€/month)
- Kindergarten Voucher (129€/month)
- Gym Membership (Gympass)
- Additional perks of your own choice: Transport Card, Office Parking Space, Digital Voucher (800€ annually)
- English lessons (2 hours/week)
- Hybrid work model (Only have to attend to the office Tuesdays and Thursdays)
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
- Employee Volunteer Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.