VP, Sales Operations
Sales Operations Dublin, Ireland
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
We’re looking for a highly motivated individual to play a key role in enabling our sales organization to maximize sales performance through sales intelligence, aligned sales processes, and a streamlined technology stack.
This individual will lead a team in developing the strategy, execution, and optimization of sales operations globally. Our ideal candidate has experience serving a global sales organization across mature and emerging markets. They’re energetic, collaborative and love working in a global environment. They understand that sales operations is not just about compliance and reporting but enables and drives stronger, more efficient sales execution.
- Revenue Analysis and Forecasting
- Align planning and strategy for forecasting, budgeting and sales org structure with corporate and regional objectives
- Drive annual compensation planning that aligns with corporate strategy and direction
- Develop and improve sales intelligence by monitoring data quality, identifying relevant metrics, and producing streamlined reports across the entire buyer's journey, which provide insight into bottlenecks or barriers to greater sales performance.
- Regional Strategy and Planning
- Run and manage quarterly strategy reviews with each sales region along with the annual go-to-market and sales target planning motions
- Oversee planning and management for roles, responsibilities, coverage, and rules of engagement within the sales organization
- Business Growth and Operational Efficiency
- Develop and improve processes to drive greater sales efficiency by aligning with other functions (marketing, sales engineering, legal) to reduce cost and remove delays
- Produce a framework to measure sales productivity to help management make informed decisions around hiring and budgeting
- Understand the overall sales process and details of each stage in order to be a trusted advisor and provide insight and strategies to increase win rates, productivity, and profitability of sales through the opportunity process
- Review and drive our customer segmentation strategy to analyze and understand where our sweet spots are, identify what accounts we want to target, and oversee the rollout process
- Design, build, and manage a deal desk that expedites non-standard or complex deals and owns the RFP process
- Customer Centric Analysis
- Provide insights into won deal compositions, deal desk analysis, and opportunity success rates
- Use business databases like Hoovers and ZoomInfo to define customer segments and establish our target, named accounts.
- Analyze our customer estate to identify groups of customers that are at risk or have potential for growth.
- Sales Process and Policies
- Collaborate with marketing operations on the development, management, and measurement of shared sales/marketing processes (lead management / waterfall)
- Partner with sales enablement to develop goals and objectives for sales effectiveness
- Communication and Change Management
- Manage and develop team of global sales/business operations individuals to support global organization
- Monitor and improve adoption and usage of Salesforce (SFDC)
- Act as a liaison to finance, marketing, product, and legal teams for sales
- Coach regional sales ops leaders to solve bottlenecks and fill gaps in their local sales process
- Work with the channels team to analyze our current partner ecosystem and develop partner scorecards to identify our most productive partners or the partners that we need to invest in
- Sales Technology Stack Roadmap:
- Create and execute sales technology roadmap beyond salesforce automation, for both direct sales and channels, to drive sales efficiency
- Conduct sales productivity analysis to identify baseline metrics and areas to minimize to drive efficiency
- 10+ years of experience in sales operations, business operations, sales, or a related field
- Previous experience translating business objectives into sales goals and measurements
- Experience managing a direct team and a matrixed organization
- Expertise working with Salesforce
- Familiarity and experience with reporting tools and methodologies
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Outstanding communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Process and metric oriented
- Proven history of successfully managing people to achieve and exceed performance goals
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.