Incident Management Specialist
Software Engineering Recife, Brazil
Liferay is looking for Medium level experienced Incident Management Specialists to be part of our DevSecOps Team.
Liferay is looking for Associate and Medium level experienced Incident Management Specialists to be part of our Engineering team.
If you enjoy solving problems and thrive in a customer-centric environment, don’t just focus on operations but also love running systems and software in the real world and love being able to build, ship, and run applications with ease, at Liferay you will have the opportunity to experience it all!
The ideal candidate for this role has some experience in distributed systems, Linux/Unix design, networking, and systems and reliability engineering. The candidate should also enjoy working on challenging technical problems with short deadlines, is able to be calm under pressure and has excellent English communication skills.
If you joy our team you will learn everything about containers, and container orchestration with Kubernetes. One of your passions will become building DevOps tools that make it easier for people to build, deploy and scale apps on our Cloud platform.
- Monitor Liferay’s Cloud Systems and respond to requests within SLA
- Be on call 25% of the time
- Respond to monitoring events within the SLAs following documented procedures
- Respond to security threats within the SLAs following the trained and agreed workflows
- Be the L1 Support team for security threats, data breaches
- Manage release process and pipelines
- Manage support tickets and patches for systems
- Execute documented changes on our Cloud infrastructure
- Provide technical support to include troubleshooting user operating problems, application problems, system configuration issues and malfunctions, and network operating problems in a cloud environment.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with Docker and Terraform
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
- Experience scripting in some of the common languages used by system engineers (shell, golang)
- Experience operating large-scale distributed systems preferably using GCP
- Knowledge of Networking, VPN, identifying and solving network issues
- Strong English communication skill. Your day to day work will be working along with teams outside Brazil. The interview process will be also in English
- Experience with at least one of the following managed Kubernetes services:
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Experience in automating development processes and environments.
- Experience implementing full CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipelines.
- Experience with Linux, MySQL, NGINX, Tomcat, Git, Jenkins.
- Any of the following certifications:
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Google Cloud Certified Professional DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Flexible schedule
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.