Technical Account Manager
Customer Success Tokyo, Japan
Liferay is an American software company, one of the fastest growing IT Software companies in the world and among the 10 most influential and innovative brands. Headquartered in Los Angeles and having offices world-wide. Liferay Tokyo is our Asia headquarters. We are looking for a Technical Account Manager. We are looking for a candidate that is excited about technology and the solutions it can provide to our valued customers. The ideal candidate enjoys providing the solution for both our customers and partners to help them reach their full potential, and you see business needs as an opportunity.
About this Role
The technical account manager is responsible for maintaining customer satisfaction, in other words, preventing churn in conjunction with the internal team cross-functionally and partners, mostly during post-sales.
You will work closely across all divisions, Global Services (Consultation and development team), Support (Support Engineers, Customer Advocate Specialists), Marketing (Inside Sales), and Sales Team (Sales Engineers, Sales). This role is about streamlining all assets’ effort for customers.
You proactively engage customers to find out their real needs, through hearing new plans and pains and guide them for the right route. You are responsible for initial discovery to delegate the task to the appropriate team, or you provide them the solution on the fly to contribute to customer satisfaction.
You need to be comfortable with discussing performance-aware implementation techniques if the system architecture is complying with Liferay’s best practice, and how the business challenges can be mapped to Liferay as a solution, with taking their environment and resource restriction into account.
You are not necessarily to be strong in all areas but need to have skills to perform hands-on help at either backend, frontend, or infrastructure.
Since Liferay is bound to become a more SaaS centric company, the Technical account manager needs to have a sense of customer’s pain points and generalize the needs out of it, and according to the Liferay HQ strategy, you must have the strategic mind to facilitate connected stakeholders too.
- Establish trusted relationships with customers, sustaining relationships through the full life cycle of their subscription to ensure their success
- Enable partners in conjunction with Product Readiness for Demos regarding sharing value proposition, assist their sales as Liferay technical expertise. Some tasks may also collaborate with the support team since customer/partner inquiries are a gray zone in some situations.
- Conduct discovery sessions with other functions such as UX designers and Consultation members for developing areas.
- Ensure customers are receiving the tools and support needed to achieve their goals
- Work closely with customers and partners to ensure they are satisfied with Liferay services and improve dissatisfaction and increase customer retention and loyalty.
- Identify and implement strategic opportunities to continually improve customer experience
- Develop scalable best practices for engagement, value-add, and renewal to optimize product and service delivery
- Continuously refine strategies and operating models to meet long-term customer satisfaction and renewal goals
- Ensure the operational elements and processes are implemented and functioning in an optimal fashion
- Identify risks to renewals with our customers on an ongoing basis and collaborate with internal teams to alleviate client concerns
- 2-4 years of proven experience either in technical pre-sales, consultation, front-end development, or back-end development.
- Expert problem-solving skills and a very strong motivation to help customers
- Understanding of network topologies, APIs, integration pattern of business applications (batch, API, CSV integration, etc.)
- Experience with any containerization or cloud services, such as Docker, Kubernetes, Core OS, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, AWS ECS, Azure
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization candidly
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Experience of talking with business stakeholders is a plus.
- Proven ability to deliver attractive, properly branded, solution-based product demonstrations that delight customers and prospects
- Prior experience with Liferay or other portal and DXP solutions is a plus
- Experience with content management systems (CMS) is a plus