Sr. Product Designer
Product Design Madrid, Spain
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
We make a world-class platform for some of the largest enterprises out there to build dynamic and data-driven user experiences. We’re looking for a senior product designer with strong interaction skills to evolve the experience across our platform to be cohesive and seamless. While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams in Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and North America that are excited to build with you.
You will be responsible for collaborating with other product designers throughout the platform areas and providing solutions to the complex interactions and patterns they’ve discovered. You’ll also work closely with our design systems team to align on what should be in our system that we use throughout multiple products and what is specific to Liferay DXP.
If researching and solving intricate interaction problems for a robust platform product is an exciting challenge for you to own, you’ll be a critical asset to our team.
- Within 60 days, analyze the strengths as well as redundancies in the platform between design and code while providing potential solutions to pursue
- By 90 days, deliver designs to implement flexible and extensible interaction patterns and components based on the requirements gathered from product and design system teams
- By 180 days, validate the success of solutions you’ve designed and document guidelines to inform product teams how to use platform components and patterns in design and code
- 4+ years experience designing complex product interactions with empathy, balancing different user personas’ needs while designing for the edge cases and not the average.
- Worked within design systems that you regularly contributed WCAG compliant designs to and helped evolve
- Delivered products that required deep collaboration with other roles - lots of discussion and problem solving with other designers, engineers, and product managers to deliver the best solution with the given constraints.
- Experience conducting usability studies to validate and measure the outcomes of your designs
- Advanced or Fluent in English to communicate with the global design team and stakeholders
- Owned or led a scalable component library/design system for a SaaS application that factored in usability best practices, flexibility for a range of use cases, and maintainability to reduce design and code costs
- Lead a visual design direction for a new or redesigned product that accounts for accessibility requirements
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- 40 hours per year to volunteer at a nonprofit of your choice.
- Be part of a great team and work with designers around the world.
- Work in a company that has strong executive support for Design.
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
- We're transparent in how we hire, feel free to read through our hiring process
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.