Consulting Recife, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Deliver features, complete technical tasks, and learn liferay development.
- Assist clients to integrate applications with Liferay platform & suite of products according to specific business needs.
- Work in client-facing situations providing technical solutions and demonstrating a knowledge of the product, its features and common customizations based on your experience with past clients.
- Implement enterprise strength software solution adhering to solution design directed by feature owners.
- Learn industry standards, best practices, and team conventions.
- Respond to customer needs as they arise to ensure client satisfactions.
- Keep team leads and managers posted on statuses and issues.
- Participate in an agile process to clarify requirements, manage your own delivery and obtain feedback on your deliverables.
- Take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Assist team members.
- Expected (at times) to cover the responsibilities of a Mid-level Consultant.
- Become self-sufficient in software development in and leveraging the Liferay suite of products and platform.
- Find good balance in doing your own research and asking for help.
- Become proficient in our SDLC process.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- Software development knowledge in Java or equivalent object-oriented language
- A BS in computer science or equivalent
The skillset below must be acquired prior to assuming the position
- Fluent in English (Verbal & Written)
- Basic HTML & CSS
- General Development
- IDE (Eclipse or IntelliJ)
- Java Fundamental
- Java EE
- SDLC (and Git)
- App server fundamental & usage
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.