Mid Level Developer
Consulting Recife, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Deliver features, Mentor less experienced team members, Branch out from development
- Provide technical leadership and guidance (to clients) in the installation, configuration, and implementation of Liferay's Java-based technologies.
- Fix core product defects to ensure successful deployment of client projects.
- Shadow senior consultants to execute non-full lifecycle consulting packages (kick-start, go-live, etc.).
- Perform devOps tasks, system setup and configurations, JVM level tasks, system integrations and architecture.
- Implement software solution adhering to departmental (and industry) best practices and conventions.
- Demonstrate independence and self-sufficiency in Liferay DXP development.
- Keep team leads and managers posted on statuses and issues.
- Respond to customer needs as they arise to ensure client satisfactions.
- Communicate with clients (directly) via verbal and written communication (in addressing issues, clearing up requirements, etc.)
- Document project information, best practices, and other relevant information to share.
- Take ownership of role and responsibilities.
- Mentor associate consultants.
- Expected to (at times) cover the responsibilities for a Senior Consultant and/or an Associate Consultant.
- Increasing breadth of knowledge beyond software development, including system setup/config, JVM, devOps, external systems and platforms, system integrations, and system architecture.
- Mentoring and encouraging the associate consultants.
- Learning to architect solutions at the component level (aiming to become feature owners).
- Knowledge of SDLC frameworks and methodologies (preferred).
- Strong development knowledge of Java.
- Strong web application development experience.
(In addition to Associate's)
- Fluent in English (Verbal and Written)
- System Administration
- Java Frameworks (used in DXP)
- Java Enterprise Architecture
- Client facing communication
- Unit and functional testing
- Caching (EH, CDN, etc.)
- Web servers (nginx, apache)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure)
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.