Lead Product Designer
Design Madrid, Spain
Establishing a strong design practice across products managed from Spain is a high priority for our business. We’re looking for a lead designer with experience as a first-hire that can serve our customers and partners while simultaneously working with our existing team based in Spain to continue cultivating a strong design culture there and beyond.
While that sounds daunting, you won’t be doing it alone! We have a global design division with teams in North America, Latam, Europe, and Asia that are excited to build with you.
About This Position
Primarily, you’ll be working with one of our product teams working on our core platform, interfacing directly with prospects and customers along the complete software development lifecycle. Secondly, you’ll lead a business unit from the design perspective based out of our Madrid office.
Your first 90 days will be:
- Get to know the people, processes, and systems
- Onboard into multiple projects in various stages
- Add value with your perspective and experience leading projects in alignment with our design organization
The top 3 things we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Design leadership experience
Contribute as an expert with deep knowledge in one or more product design verticals — and have experience leading people.
- Communication skills
Arguably one of the most important skills a designer can have — excellent communication skills now more than ever, are a must. You’ll go far if you can demonstrate this!
- Proficiency with modern design tools and systems
Our design system is in Figma — you don’t need to have experience with it, but you’ll need to learn it quickly, so a track record of tool and system competency is required.
- English: Conversational
- Spanish: Fluent
What will help me stand out?
- People management: developing a team’s skills and careers.
- Business acumen: case studies where you achieved business objectives with quality visual design.
- Agency experience: working across cultures and industries, listening and guiding people to a well-designed solution.
- Portfolio link
- In your cover letter (nothing formal), include a brief note with feedback on our brand
Yes! It doesn't need to be formal — really all we're looking for is a brief response to the prompt.
Note that applications sans cover letter are typically rejected post-haste.