Quality Assurance Vimercate, Italy
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Liferay seeks an experienced Test Engineer who can play a fundamental cross-functional role in assisting Product Teams meet and exceed quality expectations. In a fast paced environment, Development teams are often pressed between the variables of scope, time, and quality - as a highly skilled and experienced Test Engineer you will support the team in navigating those challenges with aplomb. Your experience in risk analysis and mitigation approaches across the spectrum of Test Practice will give Product Managers and Developer Leads confidence in the development roadmap and every push upstream. Developers and Testers alike will benefit from the coaching you will provide on improving testability of their code and efficacy of tests. Your plans and actions are rooted in the mindset that Test Engineers are at their best when they are Quality Ambassadors and not gatekeepers.
The ideal candidate for the Test Engineer role is able to adapt their extensive web application experience to complement diverse product teams, is as comfortable writing unit tests as they are coaching software and test engineers, and has a diverse tool set of techniques and technology experience to bring to bear in helping teams to test their products.
- Collaborate with the testers, developer leads, and other product stakeholders to improve testing approach and execution for the cross-functional team
- Design and implement agile testing processes for the team’s SDLC including but not limited to:
- Adapting existing Continuous Integration infrastructure to a team’s practice
- Write, maintain, and improve automated tests for frontend, backend, and APIs
- Collaborating with team members to enable continuous testing and delivery
- Analyze existing product design and source code to identify needed testing and testability improvements
- Mentor test engineers in effective testing tools and strategies through informal training
- Coach Developers on improving Testability and Test Practice
- Proactively and effectively report risk to stakeholders as needed
- Iterate and innovate upon existing testing tools, processes, and methodologies
- 5+ years experience with frontend and functional testing solutions and frameworks (Selenium, Cucumber, etc)
- Experience leveraging continuous integration tools in the SDLC (Jenkins)
- API expertise, including testing and automation (Postman, SoapUI)
- Strong practical knowledge with Git and Github
- Passion for software quality and continuous improvement
- Strong self-management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Capable of integrating and working with remote teams in different time zones
- Experience executing load and performance testing (JMeter)
- Experience working with container platforms (Docker)
- Experience with frontend and SPA frameworks (Angular, Nodejs, React)
- Familiarity with Liferay Portal development and product line
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.