Engenheiro(a) de Software Pleno (Suporte Técnico)
Product Care Recife, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Do you enjoy finding smart solutions to resolve complex technical issues on the code level? Are you interested in improving products and robust systems that cover real business needs? Do you want to get familiar with various software technologies without the pressure of project deadlines or solution delivery dates? If your answer is yes you are at the right place.
- Resolve technical issues in Liferay’s code
- Take the opportunity to improve our Products’ quality
- Help our subscribers to achieve meaningful goals
- Ready to study new technologies and go beyond our boundaries
- Collaborating with each other and share knowledge on a daily basis
- Work in a team of highly skilled and talented software engineers
- Focus on quality over quantity (we don’t rush to close our tickets to a deadline)
- The technologies we work with
- Java 8, 11, OSGi, Portlet Specs, Hibernate
- DB: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- AS: Tomcat, JBoss, Wildfly, Websphere, Weblogic
- Git, GitHub
- Gradle, Ant
- For a complete list, please visit our Feature set page.
- Experience coding in Java
- Being fully comfortable working in English, at least in written form
- Solution-oriented mindset
- Eagerness to learn new skills and willingness to share it with others
- Experience with Java Servlets, OSGi
- Experience working with large code base
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- More than 2 years of experience coding in Java
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.