Senior Technical Writer
Knowledge Management Madrid, Spain Remote, Spain
Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products, servicing Fortune 500 companies worldwide.
Working in Liferay is an opportunity to participate in an ethical, motivating, challenging and constantly expanding project within an international environment, that offers the possibility developing a personal career according to your capabilities and preferences as part of the Liferay team.
You will join the engineering team in Madrid and work collaboratively with talented product managers, software and quality engineers to write excellent documentation for our suite of products.
You will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures as well as driving documentation plans.
You will describe solutions in a clear way, communicating complex information clearly, consistently, and accurately.
You may also have a chance to teach, coach and deliver the technical documentation to users, system administrators, and developers to learn Liferay products
You will produce high-quality software documentation for users, system administrators, and developers to learn Liferay products
- Write and spearhead insightful technical documentation in English to guide developers in creating apps for Liferay Portal with a high degree of quality.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope, that involve aligning with team members and entire teams in different locations
- Collect feedback and monitor external and internal sources to ensure documentation is created, clarified, or rewritten based on customer needs
- Review, groom, and update older documentation as needed
- You will design, create, and edit content according to company standards and processes
- Interpret technical reports
- User, developer, deployment, and reference manual development:
- Writing for newer product versions.
- Updating manuals whenever a new product version is released.
- Tutorial creation:
- Writing tutorials
- Creating video tutorials
- Learn Liferay features and frameworks and the technologies used in Liferay and Liferay apps.
- Peer review team members’ documentation
- Propose, write, and maintain documentation guidelines
- Participate in answering questions from the community on the forums or from feedback
- 3-5 years of experience writing technical documentation
- Proven working experience in technical writing of documentation in the technology industry (Technical manuals and tutorials)
- You have experience with AGILE methodologies working in collaboration with co-workers having different roles and backgrounds
- You can establish and follow documentation workflow and style guidelines
- You have fundamental knowledge of XML, HTML, CSS
- You are able to work on and keep track of multiple projects
- You can write in English (formal level) to a high standard, with attention to detail.
- You have experience in a technical position used to prepare reports, papers, technical manuals, tenders, bids, proposals, etc.
- You can organize all kinds of information, focusing on key data and results.
Will be a plus.
University degree in a relevant technical discipline: Information Technology (ICT), Engineering (any speciality)
- Must have high attention to detail, with a positive and resilient personality.
- Must be capable of instructing and empathizing with the reader, customer or trainee: do you take initiative in communicating with others?
- Must be patient in testing and editing thoroughly to produce high quality finished results
- Must embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
- Must have strong writing and communication skills in Spanish/English.
- Must write in a concise, clear and comprehensive way
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex concepts to beginners,
- Writer, creator of video tutorials and teacher is a plus