Human Resources Intern (Summer 2022)
Human Resources Diamond Bar, California
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Liferay’s greatest asset is the people, so this role is essential as you’ll be recruiting excellent people to build our Liferay team. However, we wear multiple hats in HR so you’ll work on other things as needed. Hope you’ve stretched because flexibility is key. Below are some sample responsibilities you’ll have.
About You and the Role
- Help run HR reports from UltiPro HCM and provide analysis
- Assist with an employee life cycle (onboarding and offboarding)
- Help execute and organize employee engagement activities and gifts
- Learn about Liferay’s policies, employee benefits, and payroll procedures to respond to employee inquiries
- Source great candidates for open requisitions and partner with the Liferay Recruiting team
- Coordinate interviews for candidates to ensure a smooth and positive candidate experience
- Provide administrative support with HR Ops and the TA team
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management/Business Administration and Management, or currently enrolled in a degree for HRM or any related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint and
- Administrative and organizational skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
What We Offer
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- Paid internship
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.