Manager, Managed Services
DevSecOps Operations Budapest, Hungary
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You are responsible for the delivery of our Managed IT / Services offering: you need to ensure the SLAs are met for security, reliability and the systems are also kept up-to-date with the customers' satisfaction. You make architectural decisions and support your team on making the stack better every day. You also help the sales organization to sign the right and supportable deals. You are responsible for the budget.
- Responsible for all of the Managed IT / Services SLAs, including security
- Make constant progress on the OWASP DevSecOps Maturity Matrix for all of our customers
- Support the business team on making the right decisions on contracts to ensure we can scale the services we sell
- Actively interact and work together with the IT / Cloud Leadership team, Engineering, Product Management and our Customers while looking for ways to enable the business and find ways for standardization as appropriate
- Set up and monitor the budget, ensure we are working within the constraints
- Hiring manager for the department
- Ensure the team is motivated and have the right career path
- Participates in the creation of an effective team career path to retain the best talent and offer staff the opportunity for personal growth and advancement
- Represent the company on customer calls about incidents
Required Qualifications and experience
- 7 year+ experience managing IT team
- Fluent English
- International team management experience
- A proven track record of leading technology initiatives, managing technical staff, collaborating with business leaders, and being able to work in complex environments.
- Extensive experience with networking, VPNs, firewalls
- Experience running critical systems on various cloud technologies (preferably Azure, AWS)
- Experience with Docker, Bash scripting and Linux Sysadmin knowledge
- Experience with managing budgets
- Experience with customer support
- Personal and professional integrity, strong communication skills and an excellent professional appearance and presentation.
- Ability to interact with and effectively present information to employees, management, and customer
- Demonstrated ability to document processes
- Strategic mindset and problem-solving skills
- Change management skills and self-awareness to take varying approaches with a dynamic set of stakeholders
- Managed Services background
- IT / Networking experience
What We Offer
We are working in a high flexibility environment with cutting edge technologies and excellent opportunities to redefine how enterprise releases are handled and delivered. Employee development is part of our DNA. We place the highest priority on the improvement and success of our colleagues, with clarity of goals, performance, and clear opportunities to grow and succeed. We are continuously learning and constantly evolving new ways to enable skill development and growth across all roles. We enable an environment to allow you to perform your best to deliver a continuously improving service to our customers.
- Your health is important for us: We provide private health care to all our employees.
- Remote and On-site opportunity:
- You can work from your home - With a 2 days/month office days.
- You can work in the office - It’s open, you can use it every day and enjoy the office specific perks like beverages, snacks, Milka Monday, and Fruit Tuesday.
- Our working environment is very enjoyable, spacious, and bright with excellent faculties.
- Our colleagues enjoy a broad range of post work social activities, like online-baking, movie nights and weekend-long trips.
- We have a Library with technical and non-technical books which is constantly expanding and a variety of internal and external training.
- The office is 10 minutes’ walk from Gyöngyösi utca Metro Station. We also have extensive Bicycle parking and Car Parking availability.
- We support and contribute to our communities through our Employee Volunteering Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice,
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice.
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.