Product Design Remote, Spain Madrid, Spain
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!About This Position
This position will design within the experience management product suite and will have the opportunity to participate in the complete software development cycle. This product area includes content management capabilities such as localization, SEO management, blog management and document library features.
Your first 90 days will be:
- Get to know the people, processes, and systems
- Get a strong knowledge of Lexicon and our products
- Add value with your perspective and experience in projects in alignment with our design system
- Visual and interaction design proficiency: Our products continuously evolve with better visual and interaction design decisions. We are looking for someone able to propose improvements that positively impact our products.
- Communication skills: Arguably one of the most important skills a designer can have — excellent communication skills now more than ever, are a must. You’ll go far if you can demonstrate this!
- Proficiency with modern design tools and systems: Our design system is in Figma — you don’t need to have experience with it, but you’ll need to learn it quickly, so a track record of tool and system competency is required.
- English: Conversational
- Spanish: Fluent
What do I need to apply?
- Portfolio link
- In your cover letter (nothing formal), include a brief note with feedback on our brand
Cover letter? Do you really read them?
We are offering
A dynamic, multicultural and friendly workplace.
Opportunity to help continue to build a premier, leading organization in open source.
Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally.
Strong Work-Life-Balance policy.
A positive and collaborative work culture
Working at a leading open source company
An awesome social benefict package
We have Employee Volunteer Program, including:
5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice
500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.