Software Engineer - Technical Support
Software Engineering Diamond Bar, California
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Do you enjoy improving systems so that they can be trusted to handle real-world, mission-critical problems? Do you value an open source mindset, applying existing tools to solve new problems and sharing that knowledge with others? Then we want you to be part of our team of highly skilled and talented software engineers. We are looking for engineers that will feel a sense of satisfaction when working with our subscribers to help them achieve meaningful goals under ambitious deadlines.
- Debug challenging issues in Java and create beautiful solutions to delight customers
- Fix product defects to ensure successful deployment of client projects
- Contribute to challenging side projects as they arise
- At least 1 year of experience coding in Java, C++, or other object oriented language
- Loves to learn
- Demonstrates expert problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve customer issues
- Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, and able to meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a travelling community.