Senior System Engineer, Managed Services
DevSecOps Operations Budapest, Hungary
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You are tasked to set up the architecture for our Managed Services and IT offerings. You make decisions about the architecture and networking setup for our clients to ensure their deployment is secure, reliable and kept up-to-date with the proper SLAs. You ensure that the team members have the necessary knowledge to manage incidents and run the system updates.
- Monitor network and system resources to ensure availability and optimal performance
- Manage software version deployments across Linux and Windows servers and various cloud installations
- Maintain documentation of servers, security and deployments
- Automate deployment of DXP software in new environment
- Set up networks and VM configurations
- Making architectural decisions for our customers
- Setting up network configurations
- Ensuring our software bundle runs on all supported environments successfully
- Mentoring the Mid level team members
- Lead a team of 8-10 team members
- Act as a L3 escalation point for incidents
- Represent the company on customer calls about incidents
Required Qualifications and experience
- Customer support experience dealing server software
- Fluent English
- Ability to prioritize, plan and complete assignments within deadlines
- Enthusiastic and clear communicator
- Proficient in Linux
- Strong knowledge of infrastructure and application security best practices
- Strong understanding of Windows, and Linux operating systems
- Experience in deploying and managing software for end user workstations
- Experience in monitoring and alert tools including Prometheus, Opsgenie, Elastic, and ELK
- 5 year+ in IT Support or Systems Administration
- Extensive experience with networking, VPNs, firewalls
- Experience running critical systems on various cloud technologies (preferably Azure, AWS)
- Experience in Docker
- Experience supporting remote users and data centers
What We Offer
We are working in a high flexibility environment with cutting edge technologies and excellent opportunities to redefine how enterprise releases are handled and delivered. Employee development is part of our DNA. We place the highest priority on the improvement and success of our colleagues, with clarity of goals, performance, and clear opportunities to grow and succeed. We are continuously learning and constantly evolving new ways to enable skill development and growth across all roles. We enable an environment to allow you to perform your best to deliver a continuously improving service to our customers.
- Your health is important for us: We provide private health care to all our employees.
- Remote and On-site opportunity:
- You can work from your home - With a 2 days/month office days.
- You can work in the office - It’s open, you can use it every day and enjoy the office specific perks like beverages, snacks, Milka Monday, and Fruit Tuesday.
- Our working environment is very enjoyable, spacious, and bright with excellent faculties.
- Our colleagues enjoy a broad range of post work social activities, like online-baking, movie nights and weekend-long trips.
- We have a Library with technical and non-technical books which is constantly expanding and a variety of internal and external training.
- The office is 10 minutes’ walk from Gyöngyösi utca Metro Station. We also have extensive Bicycle parking and Car Parking availability.
- We support and contribute to our communities through our Employee Volunteering Program, including:
- 5 days/year in our Employee Volunteer Program to devote to the charity of your choice,
- 500€/year to donate to the charity of your choice.
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.