Senior/Medior System Engineer, Managed Services
Managed IT Budapest, Hungary
About You and this Role
Are you interested in working on high traffic, HA websites, and interesting challenges in a newly forming, committed team? This is your opportunity!
You will be responsible in a collaborative team for creatively designing, deploying and maintaining customized Liferay services to clients in various environments. You will also assure it is secure, reliable and the data is safe.
Your mission will be running Liferay services anywhere.
Docker, Bash, Prometheus, ElasticSearch, HA, ISO27001, Ubuntu, Github, Tomcat, Apache, Glusterfs, MySQL (Galera), Azure, AWS, on-premise, automation, observability.
Agile, ownership, creativity, teamwork, enterprise, open source, fun, self-awareness, continuous improvement, experimentation.
- Design, implement and maintain various infrastructure and service environments in a team
- Maintain documentation
- Automate repetitive tasks in order to reduce overhead and improve quality
- Provide technical support
- Support decision making
- Implement customized solutions
- Mentor teammates
- Participate in resolving incidents
Technical skills (the more the better)
- Proficient in Linux (Ubuntu)
- Experienced in Docker
- Able to prioritize, plan and complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of infrastructure and application security best practices, tools
- Knowledge of various aspects of running HA services, best practices, risks
- Experienced with public cloud providers
- Conversational level of English
- Feel ownership for the provided solution
- Has user-centric, solution-focused mindset
- Willing to pick up new technologies
- Has neat and polite communication skills
- Spirited and reliable
- Creative and collaborative
- Can adapt to unexpected situations
- Can zoom in/out
What We Offer
All of our new joiners say that we work with people who help each other to accomplish their personal and company goals. To enable this we, together, created a unique environment where you can grow without rivalry by using your strengths. We also believe that here at Liferay we should spend 60% of our time with daily work, 20% of our time by helping each other and 20% with learning something new. Maintaining this is a common expectation for all our team members, supporting it is the primary expectation for our leaders.
- You can work from home with at least 2 days per month in the office, but our office is always open for you.
- We provide you personalized growth plans and training opportunities.
- In our office you get your personal workspace, gameroom, a well equipped kitchen with stove top and a terrace with a grill. Celebrate good times, c’mon!
- We work in a culture where we appreciate you sharing your thoughts (from colleagues to top management).
- Your health is important for us: We provide private health care to all our employees.
- You can work at a leading open-source company.
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.