Software Engineer - Lead Commerce Technical Support
Support (Customer & Technical) Dublin, Ireland
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As a Lead Support Software Engineer at Liferay, you will be part of the Global Commerce Engineering team.
You will be a self starter, quick learner and enjoy working in challenging fast paced environments. Your responsibilities will include providing specialised technical support to our customers using troubleshooting, critical thinking and debugging skills. In addition to developing solutions , you will regularly provide action plans to the team and our customers so they are always informed as to how we are working to resolve their issue. This position is specifically for a Technical Support Engineer who will be responsible for diagnosing and troubleshooting and resolving software problems within our Liferay Commerce Solution.
- Resolve mission-critical technical problems for customers using our Liferay Solutions
- Provide a solution in regard to customer needs, coding conventions and deadlines.
- Extending the product functionality with developing new functions to the portal according to the experiences of the daily work with customer issues, contribute to challenging side projects as they arise.
- Provide best practice advice, identify potential workarounds and collaborate with engineering to ensure the fastest possible resolution.
- Acquire and maintain knowledge of the diverse technologies that make up the product in order to be able to understand and potentially refactor problematic code components, tune performance and devise diagnostic tools.
- Proactively manage self-learning to continually extend knowledge breadth and depth, particularly around new technology or product.
- Participate in projects that enhance the quality and efficiency of support.
- Drive and mentor the team of technical support
- Ensure the team reach high customer satisfaction scores
- Apply and test methodologies that will improve quality
- Ability to analyze complex issues and systematically break them down into their base components in order to determine the root cause of issues.
- Expert knowledge and extensive programming experience with Java, server-side enterprise Java, servlet and JSP technologies, and experience building web applications.
- Familiar knowledge of XML, XSL and XSLT
- Solid knowledge of Git, SVN and project building tools (Ant, Maven).
- Solid knowledge of some application servers (e.g. Tomcat, and specific databases.
- Understanding of software development life-cycle.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Motivation for continuous learning and improvement.
- Passion for quality and new technologies.
Preferred Qualifications and Demonstrated Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field.
- Experience in leading and mentoring others
- Prior experience with application profiling and performance tuning of highly scalable and available systems.
- Good team player. You’ll be part of the Liferay family and this is important for us.
- Excellent stakeholder and customer relationship management skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Proven experience in making proactive decisions
- Ability to delegate and prioritise key projects or tasks.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- A background in e-commerce, specifically B2B.
What We Offer
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.