Senior Front End Engineer
Software Engineering Recife, Brazil Remote, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this RoleAs a Senior Front End Engineer in our Engineering team you will work in a multidisciplinary team, in an international context, collaborating with Engineers, UX Designers and Product Managers from around the world to build the Front End requirements of our applications.
- Develop, test, document and maintain our applications;
- Ensure code quality with reviews, pair-programming and alignment with strong engineering principles and standards;
- Ensure that UI/UX is following the design;
- Participate in writing technical specifications based on Product and Business requirements;
- Continuously working to identify and reduce technical debt;
- Support team members in the usage of the UI tools and technologies;
- Care about quality, performance, user experience and security.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent;
- Solid software development experience;
- Deep knowledge in React;
- Experience with REST APIs, GraphQL or both;
- Experience with writing and maintaining unit and functional tests, test automation;
- Experience in agile software development;
- Experience with building and running web applications;
- Ability to identify repeatable processes and automate them quickly;
- Strong English communication skill. Your day to day work will be working along with teams outside Brazil.
- Professional experience with React;
- Knowledge in Docker and Kubernetes;
- Knowledge in TypeScript;
- Experience leading small teams.
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Flexible schedule
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.