Software Engineering Intern (Technical Support) - Summer 2022
Support (Customer & Technical) Diamond Bar, California
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
- Gain experience working in a codebase consisting of millions of lines of code
- Learn coding techniques from some of the best programmers in the industry
- Debug challenging issues in code and create beautiful solutions to delight customers
- Fix product defects to ensure successful deployment of client projects
- Experience programming in Java, C++, or other object-oriented language
- Love to learn
- Demonstrates expert problem-solving skills coupled with very strong motivation to identify and resolve customer issues
- Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
What We Offer
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- Paid internship
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.