APAC Partner Marketing Manager
Corporate Marketing Singapore, Singapore
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five paid days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As Liferay is recognized by Gartner as a leading open-source platform for enterprise applications, we are continuing to grow and enhance our partner program. We have passionate partners, world-class products, and a greater-than-profit vision of making excellent open-source software while giving back to global communities.
If you are an experienced Partner Marketing Manager who is excited by the impact digital experience software can have on customer experience and business growth; a listener and learner who likes adding value and taking programs and processes to the next level; and are up to date on marketing best practices to drive lead generation, education, and brand awareness, along with creating productive and dedicated partner relationships, this is the role for you.
Generating high-quality leads is vital to any organization, and we are no different. Developing creative ways to do this with partners is fundamental to our mutual success. This role includes both strategy creation and tactical execution of joint marketing programs.
You will work directly with our partners across countries in APAC to make sure marketing strategies and campaigns align with Liferay's sales and marketing goals and the business goals of each partner company. You will be responsible for making sure a diverse and well-rounded set of marketing activities is executed among partners to generate quality leads and drive the sales pipeline.
Successful candidates will have strong marketing and communications skills. The ability to build productive and positive business relationships is a must.
- Contribute to channel revenue by aligning marketing strategy with sales goals for partners in assigned region
- Through innovative, integrated marketing campaigns with assigned partners, deliver on channel lead generation goals and drive demand for Liferay solutions
- Develop lead follow up and nurture campaigns with partners and Liferay field marketing
- Work as a team with Channel Account Managers (CAMs) to develop revenue growth and market development strategies for assigned partners
- Scale and amplify Liferay’s brand and marketing strategy through the channel
- Ensure partners are strategically focused and aligned with Liferay marketing goals
- Ensure a balanced representation of Liferay solutions and vertical market focus for partners in the region
- Coordinate with Liferay corporate and field marketing to support Liferay goals, with and through the channel
- Advocate for partners within Liferay marketing (and other departments)
- Contribute to Liferay’s data-driven culture
- Monitor and report on partner productivity and results
- Make recommendations for partner marketing strategies and programs based on data
- Manage Marketing Development Funds (MDF) for assigned partners / territories
- Work directly with APAC partners to create sales-aligned marketing programs
- Support the sales and partner management goals of APAC Channel Account Managers (CAMs)
- Help partners develop and implement marketing strategy for lead generation and nurture programs
- Work with partners on promotions, content development, landing pages, etc., including overseeing and contributing to partner use of Liferay messaging to ensure accuracy and consistency with Liferay
- Develop and manage events with partners such as webinars, conference sponsorships, and in-person events
- Coordinate third party marketing resources for use by partners as needed
- Assist partners with content development including sales and marketing collateral and presentations, and original (Liferay related) content such as blogs, articles, and ebooks
- Manage partner MDF requests and claims
- Measure and Report on partner marketing effectiveness
- Contribute to partner QBRs with partner-specific marketing strategy and marketing programs
- Provide reporting on campaign activity and effectiveness
- Support the channel team in delivering marketing tools and education of marketing best practices to partners
- Contribute/localize to communications from Liferay to partners (ex. partner e-newsletter)
- Assist with maintenance of localized content on the partner portal
- Support partner recruitment, enablement and education efforts
- Minimum of five years’ marketing experience–with a minimum of two years’ channel/partner marketing manager experience with SI/GSIs, VARs, OEMs, ISVs and/or Digital Agencies
- Proven ability to develop marketing strategies and the end-to-end programs that will fulfill strategic goals
- Content development experience highly desirable (blogs, articles, presentations, web copy)
- Enthusiastic personality and motivated self-starter with a proven ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Strong relationship skills with the ability to manage relationships at all levels of the organization
- Ability to effectively work independently and as part of a team with remote colleagues and partners
- Willingness to travel (~15%)
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.