Customer Support Engineer
Customer Care San Isidro, Peru
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
Liferay is looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join our Support team.
Are you capable of solving complex problems, have excellent communication skills, and enjoy mentoring others? You could be a great candidate for our team!
If you identify with the profile and think you have a good fit for this position, apply and come talk to us!
- Support our Enterprise Edition customers;
- Assist customers in installing, using, configuring, and diagnosing problems with the Liferay Portal;
- Solve mission-critical customer issues, build intranets, extranets, and websites with Liferay Portal;
- Being able to configure different scenarios per day, aiming to test and reproduce problems reported by customers in their environments.
- Experience with several application servers (Tomcat, Jboss, Glassfish, Weblogic, Websphere, etc);
- Experience with databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, etc);
- Experience in website development;
- Experience in project implementation;
- System Admin and Linux experience;
- Knowledge in networking concepts, managing environments, operating systems, standards and protocols, Java, etc;
- Customer service with experience;
- Native Spanish for Latin American clients and Advanced English for communication with internal teams from global offices.
- Like to learn and guide;
- Like and have the ability to solve complex problems;
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Be flexible, work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills together with the team;
- Like to share knowledge;
- Be passionate about technology.
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Flexible schedule
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.