Consulting Remote, United States Chicago, Illinois Diamond Bar, California
Liferay, Inc. is a leading provider of enterprise open source portal and collaboration software products, and is a recognized leader by analyst firm Gartner. The company is growing at a fast pace to keep up with strong market demand for innovative solutions for digital transformation, customer experience, personal and social web experiences, and enterprise applications.
We don’t just celebrate excellent software that delights customers, but we also get super stoked about giving approximately 10% of our profits away to charities around the world. We are a global company with 24 offices (in 18 countries) around the world but at the same time keep our startup culture intact.
Liferay USA is looking for a Business Analyst to join its Global Services team. As a Business Analyst at Liferay, you will work closely with clients and internal Liferay teams to develop, design, and deliver cutting-edge custom solutions for our award-winning open source Digital Experience Platform. We’re looking for people who love open source, enjoy wearing multiple hats, and want to grow with a company that’s bursting at the seams.
- Gain a thorough understanding of client business needs and translate them into implementation-ready requirements
- Facilitate data gathering and analysis based on existing implementations and client expectations
- Work closely with Liferay and client development teams in a highly dynamic, constantly changing environment
- Envision and research emerging market trends to provide the best solutions to customers
- Collaborate with client stakeholders to create business process flows, user stories, and designs
- Monitor and report on KPIs that will demonstrate feature development progress and accountability on projects
- Assist in implementing sustainable SDLC practices tailored to fit client needs
- Ability to drive changes and influence others through progressive thought leadership
- Possess a track record of successfully integrating into high performance, interdisciplinary teams to meet project milestones and achieve measurable performance outcomes
- Document functional requirements and business process improvements, and analyze requirements in the context of software and processes
- Assist with the development and execution of test plans
- Mentor other business analysts in the organization and enable them build their analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Technology or related fields
- 3-5 years of experience in a strategy or business analysis related role
- Understands the value and uses of portals in an enterprise environment
- Experience with process improvements in an Agile or non-Agile context, requirements validation, defect management, and facilitating workshops
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience in process diagramming or other business analysis tools
- Experience with Liferay, Websphere Portal, Web Logic or other platforms preferred
- Experience with project management tools (JIRA) and design tools (Invision, Figma, LucidChart, Omnigraffle, etc.)
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize between key deliverables
- Must be willing to travel (25% at the least, based on project needs)
- Strong consulting and critical thinking skills
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.