Software Engineer Associate (Front End)
Frontend Engineering Recife, Brazil
Liferay is an open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 paid days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded and profitable which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run. About You and this RoleYou are a seasoned JS developer usually with more than 3 years of professional experience. You can operate mostly in an autonomous way to complete assigned and well defined tasks and handle escalations either directly or by finding the proper assistance. You’re starting to perform code reviews of your peers and to suggest new changes, patterns or ideas.Key Objectives
- Deliver features, complete technical tasks, and learn Liferay development.
- Assist clients to integrate applications with Liferay platform & suite of products according to specific business needs.
- Work in client-facing situations providing technical solutions and demonstrating a knowledge of the product, its features and common customizations based on your experience with past clients.
- Implement enterprise strength software solution adhering to solution design directed by feature owners.
- Learn industry standards, best practices, and team conventions.
- Respond to customer needs as they arise to ensure client satisfactions.
- Keep team leads an
- Become self-sufficient in software development in and leveraging the Liferay suite of products and platform.
- Find good balance in doing your own research and asking for help.
- Become proficient in our SDLC process.
- Analytical thinker and problem solver
- A BS in computer science or equivalent
What We Offer
- Competitive salary & benefits package according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally. We like to Stay Nerdy!
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.