Cloud Engineering Recife, Brazil São Paulo, Brazil Remote, Brazil
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
You enjoy solving problems and thrive in a customer-centric environment. You don’t just focus on operations but also love running systems and software in the real world. The ideal candidate will have progressively stronger experience in distributed systems, Linux/Unix design, networking, and systems and reliability engineering applied in a cloud environment. You are excited about containers, and container orchestration with Kubernetes. One of your passions is to build DevOps tools that make it easier for people to build, deploy and scale apps on our Cloud platform. As a developer in this role, you should love being able to build, ship, and run applications with ease.
This is an opportunity to join the team at a relatively early stage and help us engineer a scalable, hybrid-cloud platform based on Kubernetes to support Liferay customer systems worldwide while gaining top-notch experience in cloud computing. Our charter is to define the next generation of cloud-native infrastructure to serve as the pipeline for teams building Liferay applications to digitally transform businesses worldwide. Container technologies and platforms such as Kubernetes are literally exploding in popularity. Our team is right at the forefront of this technological shift, defining and implementing the next generation hybrid platform for containers, and we want you to join us in this exciting challenge! Apply today to be part of an exceptional team enabling Liferay's portfolio of products on the cloud.
- Help drive the technology vision for our Cloud infrastructure
- Conduct R&D on Cloud infrastructure technologies (e.g. k8s operators, service mesh, process automation, etc.)
- Design crash and test scenarios to improve our resiliency, performance and stability.
- Support our release process via our CI/CD tooling
- Collaborate with other technical teams with task automation and overall devops and infrastructure best practices;
- Work on defining and implementing the next versions of our global Cloud architecture
- Close security gaps mapped by our InfoSec and SecOps teams
- Support technical teams in a collaborative, enabling environment
- Monitor overall health of our ecosystem
- Help manage upgrades and patches for systems in our Cloud ecosystem
- Help with tickets escalated via our Cloud Customer Care and Support teams
- Create and maintain architectural, security and other documentation as needed for each system supported
- Provide technical support to internal teams, which include troubleshooting user operating problems, application problems, system configuration issues and malfunctions, and network connectivity and performance operating problems in a cloud environment.
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience running and operating Kubernetes on a public cloud
- Experience with Docker and Terraform
- Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 production environment
- Experience scripting in some of the common languages used by system engineers (shell, golang)
- Experience operating large-scale distributed systems preferably using GCP
- Knowledge of Networking, VPN, identifying and solving network issues
- Strong communication and team player skills
- Comfortable with Agile practices for delivering iterative solutions to the business
- Experience with at least one of the following managed Kubernetes services:
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Experience in automating development processes and environments.
- Experience implementing full CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipelines.
- Experience with LetsEncrypt integrated with Kubernetes
- Experience with Linux, MySQL, NGINX, Tomcat, Git, Jenkins.
- Any of the following certifications:
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Architect
- Google Cloud Certified Professional DevOps Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.