Sales Engineering Rijswijk, Netherlands
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable Cloud-First enterprise software company with more than 1,200 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by main Analysts for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
We’re a distributed and collaborative Sales Engineering team, and we believe there are no boundaries between customer service and technical sales, engineering and storytelling, closing opportunities and consulting. We work independently but support our Sales Teams and SE colleagues in any and every way. We provide ongoing and iterative training and enablement geared toward subject matter expertise and improving the customer experience. Our goal is to raise revenue by delivering solution demonstrations based in our products, creating and sharing new sales collaterals, and evangelizing about Liferay and its technology as we listen to prospects and customers share their digital transformation endeavors.
About You and this Role
Liferay is looking for a Sales Engineer who will be supporting the creation of demos, solution proposals, commercial strategies, positioning documents and collaterals, targeting specifically opportunities in the EMEA North region (DACH, BENELUX, CEE). Sales Engineers are both highly technical and laser-focused on business solutions.
- Create and conduct attractive, properly branded, solution-based product demonstrations that delight customers and prospects
- Support the creation of proposals, RFIs/RFPs, tender bids, commercial strategies, positioning documents and collateral targeting.
- Partner with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of Liferay Cloud solutions
- Own the technical engagement with prospects, customers and partner opportunities for Liferay projects.
- Define implementation architectures, developing deep expertise in Liferay technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using our platform
- Be a subject matter expert on areas as they relate to customer applications and services (e.g. Customer Experience, Web Content Management, Integration with external systems, etc.).
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Liferay and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployments
- Participate in road shows, conferences, and different forms of Liferay evangelism
- 3+ years designing/implementation/consulting experience with web based applications and/or Digital Experience Platforms/CMS
- Experience presenting to both large and small audiences (Executives, IT Management, and developers)
- Experience with business requirements gathering, technical specifications, architecture diagrams, development, testing, and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to confidently lead technical discussions
- Strong written communication skills
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time to customer/prospect sites, including international travel.
- Technical degree required: Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent Dutch, English and German (reading, writing and speaking).
- Experience with Liferay technologies or similar solutions
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Industry expert in at least one particular domain, vertical or platform: DevOps, DXP, Cloud, etc.
- An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- Experience working in technical projects with Java EE.
- A third language such as French will be an additional advantage
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.