Other Madrid, Spain
The leader in open source software for portals and digital experience platforms for the enterprise, Liferay delivers integrated services through its technology which propels digital transformation and experiences. Millions of users and more than 1400 great companies are using Liferay everyday, including Allianz, Airbus, Barclays, Bosch, Coach, Domino’s, Santander, T-Mobile, the United States Navy, VMware, and Volkswagen.
We’re a distributed and collaborative presales team, and believe there are no boundaries between customer service and technical sales, engineering and storytelling, closing and consulting. We work independently but support our SE colleagues and sales teams in any and every way. We provide ongoing and iterative training and enablement geared toward subject matter expertise and improving the customer experience. Our goal is to raise revenue by improving product demonstrations, creating and sharing new sales collateral, and evangelizing Liferay and its technology as we listen to customers share their experiences and digital transformation endeavors.
Sales Engineers are both highly technical and laser-focused on business solutions. SEs can talk to senior software engineers, CEOs, and information security directors with credibility and sincerity. Liferay needs an experienced sales engineer to be part of our team dedicated to new & expansion business and to support our partners & channels. Qualified leads and opportunities will be your team’s responsibility to win and close. SEs work in teams with account executives, customer experience managers, inside sales, and marketing.
The Sales Engineer is the technical expert and resource for: solution architecture, development best practices, identity management, integration points, UI/UX, system administration, mobile strategy, content management, web analytics, DevOps best practices, high availability & clustering, cloud infrastructure, and all features of Liferay DXP and its suite of products.
Sales Engineers provide technical justification and business consultation, and are trusted advisors to technology directors, CTOs, and software architects as they go through the buyer journey.
The keys to success in this role:
- Consistent production of attractive domain-specific demo solutions with compelling use cases
- Professional and prompt focus on specific business requirements to satisfy the customer
- Strong work ethic and ability to work efficiently with sales executives and account managers
- Credible and advanced expertise in enterprise web applications and environments
- Ability to produce technical and product collateral (e.g., solution architecture diagrams, competitive feature analysis, industry and domain-specific trends in relation to Liferay products, common technology integrations, popular development framework best practices, documentation/blogs/videos on best practices and features)
- Design and create attractive product demonstrations, and present compelling business use cases that connect and delight top prospects
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the installation, configuration, and best use of Liferay products and all related technologies
- Analyze and understand customer requirements by running an expert discovery process phase
- Be an expert on a complete and integrated Liferay solution, available apps, APIs, roadmap, solution architecture, and product features
- Lead customers in consultative solution audits, due diligence efforts, RFPs, and be skilled at resourcing for all inquiries and questions
- Proactively participate in account strategy planning with account executives for the sales pitch and demo
- Develop sales collateral in a participatory and iterative way using various media formats, channels, and platforms
- Continually learn and be up-to-date on the Liferay suite of products and frequent releases by working cross functionally and across departments
- Present and demo at industry and official Liferay events onsite and online to educate customers and evangelize Liferay technology
- Grow subject matter expertise in one or many of Liferay’s products, features, and services
- Meet defined regional, individual, and team-based sales targets
- Travel 25-50% or as necessary onsite at the customer or prospect
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, or equivalent level of demonstrated experience
- 1+ years direct sales engineering, technical pre-sales, or customer-facing consulting experience
- Advanced understanding of enterprise Java, related design patterns, service oriented architecture
- Advanced knowledge of databases such as MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL
- Advanced understanding of Application Servers such as Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss AS
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux OS, Servlets/JSP, Spring, Hibernate, performance tuning, scaling, clustering
- Strong ability to speak and present in-person and online; Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Expert problem-solving skills and a very strong motivation to help customers
- Flexible, proven ability to work well under pressure, meet aggressive deadlines during several-months-long engineering and sales cycles
- Ability to thrive in a global distributed organization across various time zones
- Charismatic and energetic self-starting personality
- 3+ years experience in enterprise software systems, technical sales, consulting, presales..
- Strong technical and business expertise and excellence in Liferay products, solution architecture, project scoping, features & capabilities, and all related consultation and development practices
- Strong experience with Liferay or other DXP solutions or content management systems (CMS)
- Proven ability to deliver attractive, properly branded, solution-based product demonstrations that delight customers and prospects
- Experience with Liferay DXP Cloud, AWS, GCP, Azure, cloud services, and related enterprise cloud computing technologies
- Experience with any Containerization - Docker, Kubernetes, Core OS rkt, Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, AWS ECS, Azure
- Experience with enterprise security and identity management systems;
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr, other search integration
- Experience in video production or technology screencasting
- Liferay DXP Certification or equivalent expertise level is a plus
- Strong experience in one or multiple domains and related use cases for industries such as commerce, education, energy, financial services, government, healthcare, information technology & high tech, insurance, manufacturing, military & defense, retail, telecom, transportation
- Exhibits Liferay core values - Produce Excellence, Lead by Serving, Value People, Grow and Get Better, Stay Nerdy
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.