Director, Product Marketing
Product Marketing Remote, Spain
Liferay is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,200+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa. As a renowned provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Liferay Experience Cloud is an all-in-one solution that unites our Liferay DXP and cloud platform capabilities with built-in analytics and B2B commerce functionality, reducing the time to market and allowing for accelerated innovation - serving notable customers across the globe such as Airbus, US Bank, Honda, and Desjardins.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
The Director, Product Marketing leads the company’s product marketing strategy, using market insights and understanding of product capabilities to define the most compelling markets Liferay can successfully pursue and the most effective way to communicate the value of Liferay’s products to those markets. This role is the leader of a team of subject matter experts (SMEs) who develop and transfer knowledge about markets, use-cases, buyers, and products to the product delivery, go-to-market, and customer experience functions in the company.
Liferay is also working to verticalize across our go-to-market, at the product delivery, product marketing, solution delivery, and field marketing levels. You will play a key role as someone who helps the organization efficiently define vertical needs and approaches.
- Drive an audience-centric marketing approach within the organization, ensuring that messaging, content and campaign strategies are centered around buyer needs
- Develop deep understanding of Liferay’s buying audiences by directing product marketing managers to conduct research and gather insight about target personas, buyer needs and the purchasing decision process for Liferay’s products
- Work with marketing operations to provide direction for market segmentation and targeting
- Oversee and provide input into the process for creating value propositions and messaging that resonates with the buying audience; ensure that product marketing managers are providing source messaging documents for use by downstream marketing functions such as campaign, demand and content teams
- Create and execute a scalable framework for verticalization of value propositions and messaging that resonate with vertical-specific buyer needs
- Develop a team of product marketers who can research, develop and communicate key messages throughout the organization
- Work with other GTM leaders to conduct routine assessments of the organization’s go-to-market processes and address gaps in performance
- Develop the competitive positioning for the product by using competitive analysis and input from product marketing and product management
- Partner with product and GTM leaders to plan routes to market and ensure that product marketing managers collaborate with sales enablement and/or sales operations to produce sales enablement plans for the product
- Oversee product launch strategy and launch planning; ensure launches are integrated with campaigns
- Serve as a market-facing subject matter expert (SME) for the product and interface with industry analysts as one of the company’s representatives
- Ensure that product marketing managers follow a consistent process for conducting win/loss interviews and ongoing analysis to determine customer product adoption or partner with a formal market/competitive intelligence function
- 8-12+ years of marketing, product, or sales experience
- Technical/product category experience preferable
- 5+ years of product or portfolio marketing in B2B
- B2B experience required
- B2B platform technology experience preferred
- Preferred candidates will have experience with subscription business models and working with post-sales department leaders—including services, support, and success—to validate buyers have successfully achieved desired business outcomes (closing the loop to product marketing-identified buyer needs)
- Preferred candidates will have experience and a scalable framework for cost-effective verticalization of marketing messages
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to confidently lead strategic discussions
- Experience presenting to both large and small audiences (Executives, IT Management, and developers)
- Strong data insights skills
- Experience communicating across internal and external organizations
- Experience leading and developing direct reports
- Desire to "lead by doing" and work alongside team members on deliverable
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility, grow professionally, and Stay Nerdy
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Check out what employees say about us on Glassdoor
- Working at a leading open-source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.