Sr. Software Engineer, Technical Support (Liferay Cloud)
Support (Customer & Technical) Remote, United States Chicago, Illinois Diamond Bar, California
As a Senior Software Engineer in Customer Care you will be joining a team tasked with designing and implementing long and short term technical solutions for customers while effectively communicating solution progress and potential alternatives. Your ultimate goal to increase our effectiveness at caring for and executing quick quality solutions on behalf of our customers, while improving our platform and mentoring other developers along the way.
If you thrive as a code sleuth in a fast-paced environment and enjoy the challenge of always facing new problems, we have the right spot for you. Our team is distributed globally and you have the unique opportunity of learning and connecting with peers in different regions across the globe.
If this sounds like a challenge you are up for, apply today!
- Troubleshoot platform issues reported by customers;
- Develop technical solutions and workarounds to ensure successful client projects;
- Provide technical leadership and guidance of Liferay Cloud's technologies;
- Do R&D and participate in projects to enhance the quality of our platform and efficiency of our Customer Care group;
- Act as a consultant resource to Customer Care managers as needed;
- Ensure technical solutions are delivered with the highest quality;
- Suggest improvements and have a humble, everyone-can-learn-from-everyone attitude;
- Mentor other developers and help them grow in their career as Customer Care engineers;
- Work in an open source distributed company with strong ethical values, sharp vision, in an international environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent;
- Consistent experience on a software engineering team supporting a active product;
- Professional experience with at least 1 object-oriented language;
- Professional experience with Linux-based operating systems.
- Experience working remotely and/or with a distributed team;
- Experience with Unix and Linux-based operating systems;
- Experience with the following programming languages:
- Experience with these technologies: Docker, Kubernetes, Nginx, Jenkins, Tomcat, MySQL, Elasticsearch, and Liferay DXP;
- Experience with these services: Dynatrace (APM), Managed Kubernetes Services (e.g. AKS, EKS, GKE, or OpenShift) - GKE preferred;
- Experience in these roles: Software Engineer, Customer Support, Technical Support, Server Administration;
- Any of the following certifications:
- d Professional Cloud Security Engineer
- Google Cloud Certified Professional Cloud Network Engineer
What We Offer
- Salary package according to qualifications and experience;
- Competitive benefits;
- A positive and collaborative work culture - we like to Stay Nerdy!;
- Working at a leading open source company with strong growth opportunities;
- Remuneration compatible with the qualification and experience required;
- Flexible schedule;
- Work in a successful company with strong growth, with incredible values and mission: https://www.liferay.com/company/our-story
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.