Product Manager, Collaboration
Product Management Madrid, Spain
Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
- You must understand your productʼs strategic position and deliver innovative components that align with this strategy. It is your responsibility to build an understanding and cultivate in the departmentsʼ members the productʼs vision.
- You will be responsible for developing, deﬁning, and overseeing the componentʼs roadmap with the direction provided by the product line manager. You must also incorporate the existing development backlog and make priorities as determined by the business, customer, and market needs.
- You must work with UX and Engineering to develop your component and features from product hypothesis to launch and iteration. Enable high-quality, timely execution of product launches. Deﬁne and analyze metrics to measure the success of your components.
- You are responsible for engaging extensively with customers in order to gain ﬁrst hand insight on customer feedback. You must translate those insights into hypotheses, tests and features for how we can improve the product. It will be up to you to uncover new business opportunities for us that solve true customer pain points and their most pressing needs.
- You may be required to recruit and manage Business Analysts to assist in the day-to-day execution of product delivery, helping to develop their craꢀ. While you may not manage every team member directly, you will set an example for the entire team with your works and actions that reﬂect the culture of Liferay.
- Your role is one of cross-functional nature and as such, you will be expected to work with other product managers, business analysts, tech leads, and department heads to harmonize components across a product.
- 5+ years of soꢀware product management experience, preferably in the collaboration soꢀware space.
- A background in communication and collaboration platform tools, like knowledge management, message boards, blogs, wikis, and digital asset management.
- Knowledgeable in technology: computer science or engineering degree is a plus.
- Ability to speak and write English ﬂuently. Your teammates will be in the Americas, Asia and Europe.
- Be able to lead by inﬂuence and vision, rather than through direct reporting authority.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites.
- Bachelorʼs degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or related ﬁeld.
- Experience with Data Integration projects.
- Good team player. Youʼll be part of the Liferay family and this is important for us.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Possess a strong knowledge of technical concepts and are very comfortable working with engineers.
- Experience building web/mobile/digital products is a plus.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.