Senior Product Manager
Product Management Madrid, Spain
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000+ fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like Honda, Bank of the West, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees.
But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities, we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
About You and this Role
As a Product Manager at Liferay, you are the voice of our customers. Your responsibilities extend from increasing the profitability and market fit of one of Liferay’s products.
You will help build products from existing ideas, and help develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must have a unique blend of technical and business savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time with customers and prospects to understand their problems, and collaborate with the product development teams to discover innovative solutions for the market.
You must be able to communicate with all members within a product development team. You will work with your product line manager to establish the goals and priorities for the product offering. You will work with customer facing business units like Support, GS and Training, helping them understand the product positioning, benefits, and target customers. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, directly working with the customer success team and key customers.
We are looking for experienced and passionate product managers that can help us work on the future of digital experience. Note that we are looking to hire for multiple roles and once we review your resume and experience we will target a specific role and team to match your qualifications and background. Our different teams are empowered around the following objectives that drive value to our customers:
- Deliver a digital experience that is engaging and informative - Required experience: Web design and content authoring, previous experience with content management systems (CMS) and marketing automation
- Sell products and service through digital channels - Required experience: previous experience with e-commerce platforms (B2B commerce experience is a plus)
- Empower users to address common needs efficiently and without outside help - Required experience: previous experience with incident management systems, customer portals and collaboration technologies.
- Optimize the entire digital experience to improve user satisfaction and business outcomes - Required experience: Strong analytical skills, experienced building and leveraging ML/AI, previous experience with data and analytics technologies.
- Orchestrate the foundational services needed to digitally transform your business - Required experience: Identity management and access control systems, security and privacy regulations, customer data platform (CDP) and user onboarding, Web development tools and technologies
- Operate the platform and underlying infrastructure to provide a reliable digital experience - Required experience: Managing cloud environments including: deploying, monitoring, scaling applications in multiple cloud providers: AWS, GCP and Azure
- Develop and communicate the program vision and roadmap to deliver innovative components that align with the strategy.
- Build an understanding in the departments’ members of the product’s vision.
- Drive value increment objectives and release content via prioritized features and capabilities.
- Work with UX and Engineering to develop your components and features from product hypothesis to launch and iteration. Enable high-quality, timely execution of product launches. Define and analyze metrics to measure the success of your components.
- Engage with customers to uncover new business opportunities that improve our product and solve the customer pain points.
- Work cross-functionally with other product managers, business analysts, tech leads, and department heads to harmonize components across a product.
- 5+ years of software product management experience, preferably in the software space.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant experience.
- Ability to speak and write English fluently.
- Proven track record of leading through influence and vision
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites.
- Understands and exhibits the importance of being a team player.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Possess a strong knowledge of technical concepts and are very comfortable working with engineers.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Experience building web/mobile/digital products is a plus.
- Experience with Jobs-to-be-Done (JTBD) framework is a plus
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.